Kristin Myers, Transportation Planning Manager
- Email or call (480) 503-6706
Nichole McCarty, Transportation Planner
- Email or call (480) 503-6747
Transit and Paratransit Services
Gilbert is a Valley Metro Member Agency. To learn more, please visit Valley Metro's website or contact Customer Service at (602) 253-5000.
Gilbert Bus Routes
Valley Metro operates the following local and express bus routes in Gilbert:
Route 108 - Elliot/48th St:
Runs along Elliot and Guadalupe Roads between Arizona Avenue (in Chandler) and Superstition Springs Center (in east Mesa).
- Destinations: Grand Canyon University-Tempe campus, Gilbert Heritage District, Southeast Regional Library, Riparian Preserve.
Route 112 - Country Club/Arizona Ave:
Runs along Arizona Avenue between Baseline and Guadalupe roads.
- Destinations: Downtown Chandler, Downtown Mesa.
Route 136 - Gilbert Rd:
Runs along Gilbert Road between Chandler-Gilbert Community College (located in Chandler) and Boeing (in northeast Mesa).
- Destinations: Crossroads Towne Center, Chandler-Gilbert Community College, Gilbert Civic Center, Heritage District, Gilbert Park-and-Ride Lot.
Route 140 - Ray Rd:
Runs along Ray Road between 48th Street in Ahwatukee (Phoenix), west of the I-10, to Gilbert Road (Gilbert) east of the Loop 101.
- Destinations: Ahwatukee Foothills Town Center, Raintree Ranch Center, Gilbert Civic Center.
Route 156 - Chandler Blvd/Williams Field Rd:
Runs along Williams Field Road/Chandler Boulevard between Desert Foothill Parkway (in Phoenix) and ASU Polytechnic (in Mesa).
- Destinations: Arizona State University Polytechnic campus, SanTan Village shopping center, Mercy Gilbert Medical Center, Downtown Chandler, Chandler Fashion Center, Intel Corporation.
Route 184 - Power Rd:
Runs along Power Road between ASU Polytechnic (in Gilbert) and Mesa Community College at Red Mountain (in Mesa).
- Destinations: Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport, Superstition Springs Center, Banner Baywood Medical Center, Mesa Community College-Red Mountain Campus.
Route 531- Mesa/Gilbert (Express Route):
Begins at the Gilbert Park-and-Ride located in the Heritage District, on the southwest corner of Page Ave. and Ash St. There are eight morning trips and seven evening trips running to and from downtown Phoenix.
- Destinations: West Mesa Park-and-Ride, Central Avenue and Van Buren Street, 17th Avenue and Jefferson Street.
Valley Metro operates Dial-a-Ride service which is a door-to-door, shared-ride public transportation option for persons who are unable to utilize local bus service due to a disability.
- In Gilbert, this service is only available to riders with an ADA certified disability.
- Dial-a-Ride Services and Fares
- Call (602) 716-2100.
Valley Metro RideChoice provides taxi service at a deeply discounted rate to qualified seniors and people with disabilities.
Other Transportation Solutions
ShareTheRide is a ride matching system for commuters to quickly and securely find a carpool, vanpool, bus or light rail, bike or walk option. This service is free and you can register online.
- ShareTheRide Program Details
- Call (602) 262-RIDE (7433)
Statement on Title VI Complaint Procedures
Notification to All Riders
Town of Gilbert public transit services are provided without regard to race, color, or national origin, per Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Circular - 4702.1B.
Any person who believes she or he has been denied transit services because of any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with the Valley Metro Customer Service Care center or with the Town of Gilbert.
To learn more or about Valley Metro's System Accessibility or to file a complaint:
- Valley Metro System Accessibility
- Email Valley Metro Customer Service
- Call (602) 253-5000 / TTY: (602) 251-2039