Gilbert’s Water Tower Gets Lit!
Gilbert is lighting the iconic water tower in recognition of community initiatives and various holidays. Follow us on social media using #LightUpGilbert to find out why the Gilbert Water Tower is lit up a different color.
Interested in lighting up the Gilbert Water Tower for a cause?
If you are interested in lighting the Gilbert Water Tower a specific color(s) to recognize a community impacting initiative or create community awareness, please review the lighting criteria and application below. All requests must be submitted a minimum of 30 days prior to the requested lighting date and must be made through the formal application. Lighting requests made via, e-mail and/or social media campaigns will not be considered.
Lighting Criteria and Terms of Application:
- Approved application requests will be limited to up to a 3 day maximum time period.
- Lighting requests will be granted on a first come first serve basis. The Gilbert Water Tower will be lit a maximum of 15 days per month.
- There is no automatic annual agreement renewal, and past Lighting participants will be required apply each year to be considered.
- The applicant/contact on the originally submitted application will receive written notification, stating application approval or denial, sent via e-mail within 10 business days of the application being received.
- The Town of Gilbert is under no obligation to provide specific feedback to any individual or organization regarding the status, merit and/or denial of its application.
- Approved lightings may be re-scheduled due to priority requests of the Town of Gilbert.
- Blackout dates- Dates from the end of November through the second week in January will be reserved for the Town of Gilbert Seasonal Light Program.
- The Town of Gilbert will maintain traditional lightings for the following dates February 14th, March 17th, November 11th, July 4th, May 28th, September 3rd, September 11th, October 31st and November 22nd.
Application will be considered if the request falls within one of the following categories:
- Extraordinary events/occurrences of Town, State, National or International significance
- Non-profit Awareness Initiatives
- Town of Gilbert initiatives and selected holidays
- The observance of a passing Town of Gilbert employee:
- Active Duty Passing- annually on passing anniversary.
- Not in line of Duty Current Employee Passing- one time in memory of employee passing.