The Community Resources division of the Town Manager's Office provides assistance to residents and neighborhoods to increase, enhance and stabilize their quality of life in Gilbert.
Be a Voice in the Community
Community Needs Assessment
The Town of Gilbert conducted a Human Services Needs Assessment that culminated with a final report in June 2014 and focused on available human services; gaps/areas of improvement and the greatest needs in the community. Now it is time for an update!
Ways to participate include:
- Group discussion for recipients of services ($10, gas/grocery/retail card for participants) See the flyer for details
- Group interviews - does your group want to give feedback? (15-30 minutes)
- Surveys- in community group or individual on-line survey
- Community Leader & Provider Forum- Wednesday October 23rd, 2:00 pm-4:00 pm. RSVP to: http://gilbert-needs-assessment-community-forum.eventbrite.com
2020 Consolidated Plan
Gilbert is preparing the 2020-2025 Five Year Consolidated Plan for Housing and Community Development. Community outreach and feedback is required to develop the plan that will guide the use and investment of U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) federal funds to address community development, affordable housing, homelessness, special needs housing, and fair housing over the upcoming five year period. This plan is developed in partnership with the Maricopa County HOME Consortium.
Ways to participate:
1. On-line Survey- open until September 13
- Housing and Community Development Survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MaricopaCounty_HCD_Survey
- Encuesta sobre Vivienda y Desarrollo Comunitario https://es.surveymonkey.com/r/EncuestasobreViviendayDesarrolloComunitario
2. Regional Community Meeting
Thursday, August 29, 2019 6:00 PM
SE Valley Regional Library, Shakespeare Assembly Room
775 N Greenfield Rd.
Gilbert AZ 85234
In partnership with Maricopa County, input is being requested on the 2020 Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice (AI). As part of this process, brief survey is being conducted and and public meeting held to help identify barriers to fair housing.
1. On-line survey-available in both English and Spanish at:
- Fair Housing Survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MaricopaCounty_FHS
- Encuesta de Vivienda Justa https://es.surveymonkey.com/r/Maricopa_EncuestadeViviendaJusta
2. Fair Housing Impediments Meeting
Thursday, August 29, 2019 1:00 PM-2:00 PM
Security Building, Maricopa County Human Services Department, 3rd Floor, Roosevelt Rm
234 N Central Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Gilbert's draft Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report
(CAPER) for program year 2018-2019 is available for public review and comment from Thursday September 5, 2019 through Thursday, September 19, 2019.
Review a copy of the plan here: CAPER 2018-2019 DRAFT
A copy is also available at the following locations
|Town of Gilbert offices||50 E Civic Center Dr Gilbert 85296|
|Southeast Regional Library||775 N Greenfield Rd Gilbert 85234|
|Gilbert Community Center||130 N Oak St Gilbert 85233|
|Heritage Center||132 W Bruce Ave Gilbert 85233|
Heat Relief program is wrapping up!
Each year, a number of lives are lost due to heat-related illness. The heat can affect anyone, but persons who are homeless, elderly or young are at an increased risk. Gilbert is calling for businesses, residents, and volunteer groups to help out with bottled water and other new non-perishable, heat-related donations. Donations will be accepted through Labor Day.
For those needing hydration or refuge-please see the map of locations
Items Needed: Bottled water, Hats ,Light Colored T-shirts, Sunscreen
Community Resources Services include:
Community Resource Guide
Gilbert's Community Resource guide is a brief listing of organizations and providers that are accessible to residents. This guide is intended to connect residents with community organizations in and near Gilbert, provide information about resources to improve the quality of life and offer access to information for residents in need of services.
Click hereto view the guide
Human Services Needs Assessment
The Town of Gilbert conducted a Human Services Needs Assessment that culminated with a final report in June 2014. The report addresses the following:
- Currently available human services; gaps/areas of improvement and the greatest needs in the community;
- Provides prioritized recommendations and best practices for addressing existing/current and/or future gaps in human services, either through local and/or regional partnerships
Click here to read the report in its entirety.
50 E. Civic Center Dr., Gilbert, AZ 85296
The Town of Gilbert does not discriminate against any individual or program applicant on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, handicap, familial status or national origin.