Large Landscape Irrigation Assistance program
Water costs for turf and landscape irrigation can be a large component of a budget for homeowner associations, churches, schools, and businesses. Your facility may realize significant cost savings by participating in the Landscape Irrigation Assistance program, which has saved large landscape customers in Gilbert over 300 million gallons of water.
A sample water budget graph shows when water usage exceeds the recommended amount for that particular landscape.
The Gilbert Water Conservation office can determine the amount of water that should be applied to a landscape, based on its square footage of turf and desert landscape. Then we compare, month-by-month, your landscape's projected water use with its actual water use.
This tool allows board members, property management companies, and landscape contractors to communicate more effectively and share a common goal. A Water Conservation Specialist assigned to your facility sends monthly water budget e-mail updates to your chosen representatives. Interested in participating? Contact Jeff Lee, Water Conservation Specialist, at (480) 503-6878.
Representatives from the Water Conservation office can speak at homeowner association meetings or to groups of residents. They can provide guidelines on ways to save money on water costs and streamline your landscape maintenance budget.
Contact the Gilbert Water Conservation office at (480) 503-6098 to talk to a Water Conservation Specialist.Important Links
- Landscape Maintenance Considerations for HOAs - from the University of Arizona Cooperative Extension
- Selecting, Planting, and Maintaining Trees - from the University of Arizona Cooperative Extension
- When and How to Prune Trees - from the University of Arizona Cooperative Extension
- When and How to Prune Shrubs - from the University of Arizona Cooperative Extension
- How To Hire a Landscape Contractor
- Know Your Pro - a list of titles commonly found in the landscape industry, what they mean and what certifications are associated with the title.
- Search for a Certified Arborist online at the International Society of Arboriculture