Street Light Out
The Town of Gilbert maintains approximately 20,000 street lights with a crew of three full time staff who work 5am – 3:30pm Monday through Friday. We rely on our residents to assist the Town with maintenance of our street lights and traffic signals by reporting outages when they are noticed. There is no charge for the service and/or repair of street lights and traffic signals.
Prior to submitting a request for service, please review the following:
- If you reside in a Private gated or Private non-gated HOA please call your HOA for service. Typically street light poles begin with the letter "L" or "A" in Private HOAs.
- If you reside in a newly built HOA where the developers are still on site, the developer may be responsible for the maintenance until warranty commitments have been met.
If unsure of the above, please contact the street maintenance department at 480-503-6434.
After verifying your residential status, please provide all of the information mentioned below:
- An accurate daytime phone contact of the person calling in the outage.
- The street light pole number. The number is generally located at 6 feet up and facing the street side of the pole. For a number of reasons, not all street light poles are marked with an identification number.
- The main cross streets closest to the pole that needs servicing.
- A home or business address closest to the pole that needs servicing.
- For more information, please call our Public Works customer service center at 480-503-6400 (Monday through Thursday, 7am-6pm).
Street Light Shading Policy - Application and Fees
The decision of whether to approve a request to alter a streetlight shall be at the discretion of the Town. The approval of your neighbors is required. A $70.00 service fee will be charged and must be collected prior to any work being scheduled. For more information, please download the following application below, or call 480-503-6400 (Monday through Thursday, 7am-6pm).
Street Light Shading Policy and Application
The Town will consider several factors prior to approving a request:
- location of the streetlight
- safety issues
- the extent to which light from a streetlight extends onto private property
Streetlight Inspection Zones
Traffic Signal Outage or Malfunction
Please report these immediately to our customer care center Monday-Thursdays 7-6pm at (480) 503-6800; all other times to the Gilbert Police department (480) 503-6500.The Town of Gilbert considers this an emergency issue and encourages residents to contact the town immediately for a quick resolution.
Traffic Signal Timing
If you feel that the timing cycle – how long you wait at a particular signal before it changes – needs to be reviewed, please complete the online form below or call 480-503-6919. You may also call Public Works at 480-503-6400 (Monday through Thursday, 7am-6pm) and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you.
Request for Signal Timing Review