Household Hazardous Waste is closed to the public until further notice. For the latest updates and information on Gilbert’s response to COVID-19, also known as coronavirus, visit gilbertaz.gov/COVID19.
2224 E Queen Creek Road Gilbert, AZ 85297
Wednesday & Friday: 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Saturday: 7:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Closed on Town Observed Holidays
Note: This facility is open to Gilbert residents only. Residents must bring a picture I.D. and their most recent trash bill or rent receipt (if living in a multi-unit community).
For the safety of our technicians please box and contain all items. Do not bring materials in garbage bags.
This 4,000 square foot facility is a place where Gilbert residents can safely dispose of many household hazardous waste materials. We take everything from paint to pool chemicals and many things in between. These products should be household in nature and quantity. There is a limit of 10 gallons on any single liquid type. See all accepted items below. Over 90% of the material collected is reused or recycled through one of our vendors or our on-site Paint Reuse Program.
Safety precautions to follow
- Do not mix different materials together in the same container
- Keep batteries separate from all other materials
- Do not bag or box light bulbs with any other materials
- Keep products in original containers with legible labels
- Place containers in cardboard boxes or plastic totes with lids securely fastened for safe transport
Items NOT Accepted
No containers over 5 gallons will be accepted.
** Gilbert offers 24 hour prescription drug drop-off boxes at these Gilbert Police Department locations.
Learn more about hazardous household materials and how to reduce your use on our HHW Tips page.
Since opening in July 2007 through December 2018, we have served more than 75,688 customers. With their help we have diverted over 4,671,943 pounds of material from our landfills! We have also remixed and given 66,260 gallons of paint back to the community for home projects.
In 2018 alone we:
- Served 10,126 customers
- Collected 539,653 pounds of material
- Remixed and distributed 4,995 gallons of paint
- Collected 71,460 pounds of Electronic Waste (E-waste)
Thanks to all the Gilbert residents that use our facility to safely dispose of their HHW!