Household trash is not accepted for bulk pick up and should be bagged and placed in your trash container.
Items should be placed out for collection no earlier than the Saturday prior to your collection week and no later than 5:00 AM on Monday of your collection week. Pick up may occur any day during your collection week.
If you have items that were placed out on time but were not collected, click here to report a missed bulk pick up.
Bulk items we collect:
Bulk items we do not collect:
- Bulk trash piles may not be larger than 10 feet long by 5 feet wide by 5 feet high
- Place all items:
- On the front edge of your property near the sidewalk (or curb if no sidewalk exists) to avoid hazards to pedestrians and vehicles
- A minimum of 5 feet away from any obstacles including fences, electrical boxes, cable boxes, mailboxes, light poles, water meters, trash/recycle containers and landscape
- Out for pick up no earlier than the Saturday prior to your collection week and no later than 5:00 AM on Monday of your collection week
Special Pick Ups
Bulk trash piles that exceed 10' x 5' x 5' can be collected for a nominal fee. Special collections start at a minimum rate of $33.00/15 minute increment. Tonnage fees may also apply.
Call Customer Service at (480) 503-6400 to arrange for a special pick up. Special pickups must be scheduled and confirmed BEFORE they are set out for service. Items placed out for pick up that have not been previously scheduled will not be collected.
Have too much stuff for a bulk pick up?
We have 10, 20, and 40 cubic yard roll-off containers available for home remodeling, re-roofing, landscaping, and other large-scale projects. Click here to learn more. Click here to request a roll off container.
Want to haul it yourself?
There are two designated transfer stations available for Gilbert residents to dispose of one load of waste once every 30 days at no cost.
Requirements to utilize this program include:
- You must be a Gilbert resident with a valid photo I.D. and a copy of your most recent Town of Gilbert utility bill,
delinquent bills will not be accepted.
- Load must not exceed one ton. Loads up to one ton are free, however, if it exceeds one ton you will be charged for the tonnage of the entire load.
- Items must be loaded into a vehicle no larger than a one-ton pick-up truck, and not in a trailer. You will be charged for the tonnage of the entire load for items in a trailer.
- Load cannot contain any Household Hazardous Waste (HHW).
- No appliances.
Transfer station locations:
San Tan Transfer Station
4040 S. 80th Street, Mesa, AZ 85212
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:00 AM-3:30 PM; Saturday 7:00 AM-11:30 AM
Mesa Transfer Station
6711 S. Mountain Road, Mesa, AZ 85212
Hours: Monday-Friday 6:00 AM-4:00 PM; Saturday 6:00 AM-11:30 AM
Many bulk items such as furniture, mattresses, and appliances can be donated to your favorite non-profit organization and avoid the landfill. Contact them to schedule a pickup or locate a nearby donation drop off location.
Appliance Recycling Program
To schedule a large appliance pickup, call Customer Service at (480) 503-6400 before 12:00 PM on the Wednesday of your bulk pick up week. Appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, water heaters, and air conditioners are collected and recycled. After scheduling, place appliance out for pick up according to the following guidelines:
- Place appliance on the front edge of your property and not on the sidewalk or street
- Refrigerators must be emptied prior to scheduled collection
- For safety reasons all doors, latches, and locks must be removed prior to placing the appliance out for collection