Household trash is not accepted for bulk pick up and should be bagged and placed in your trash container.
Bulk items can be placed out between Saturday and 5:00 AM on Monday of your collection week. Pickup may occur any day during your collection week.
If you have items that were placed out on time but were not collected, click here to report a missed bulk pick up.
Bulk items we collect:
Bulk items we do not collect:
- Bulk trash piles may not be larger than 10 feet long by 5 feet wide by 5 feet high
- Place all acceptable bulk items in the street against the curb
- A minimum of 5 feet away from all obstacles including trash/recycle containers and vehicles
- Out for pick up no earlier than the Saturday prior to your collection week and no later than 5:00 AM on Monday of your collection week
Special Pickup For Acceptable Items
Your bulk pile that exceeds 10’ X 5’ X 5’ but is no larger than 20’ X 5’ X 5’ can be collected for a nominal fee. Special collections start at a minimum rate of $33.00 per 15 minute increments. Tonnage fees may also apply. Special collections may not be requested the week before your normal bulk collection week.
Call Customer Service at (480) 503-6400 to arrange for a special pick up. All special pickups must be scheduled and confirmed BEFORE they are set out for service.
Have too much stuff for a bulk pick up?
Large roll off containers are available to residents for home remodeling, re-roofing, landscaping, and other large-scale projects. Click here to learn more.
Want to haul it yourself?
There are two designated transfer stations available for Gilbert residents to dispose of a load of waste once every 30 days at no cost.
Requirements to utilize this program include:
- You must be a Gilbert resident and provide a valid photo I.D. with the same name and address as shown on the utility bill (delinquent bills will not be accepted).
- Load must not exceed one ton. Resident will be charged for entire load if over allowable weight.
- Items must be loaded into a vehicle no larger than a one-ton pick-up truck. You will be charged for the entire load for any items hauled in a trailer.
- Load cannot contain any Household Hazardous Waste (HHW).
- No appliances.
Transfer station locations:
Waste Management San Tan Transfer Station
4040 S. 80th Street, Mesa, AZ 85212
Republic Services Mesa Transfer Station
6711 S. Mountain Road, Mesa, AZ 85212
Many slightly used items can be donated to a non-profit organization benefiting the community, local organizations and the environment. Contact your favorite organization to make arrangements for a drop off location or pickup.
Appliance Recycling Program
Appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, water heaters, and air conditioners are collected and recycled.To schedule a large appliance pickup, call Customer Service at (480) 503-6400 before noon on the Tuesday of your bulk pick up week.
After scheduling, place appliance out for pick up according to the following guidelines:
- At the front edge of your property(avoid blocking sidewalk).
- All food and beverages must be removed from refrigerators and freezers prior to scheduled collection.