The Town of Gilbert is ready to Go Green in a calendar for 2018! The Environmental Compliance, Water Conservation, and Recycling Outreach divisions are partnering to bring a new calendar art contest to Gilbert fourth grade students.
The theme for this calendar is Green Gilbert. Green Gilbert embodies three core missions:
- To reduce pollution in our environment
- To use water wisely
- To promote recycling and reduce landfill waste
Show us what “Green Gilbert” means to you by submitting an original drawing that you would like to see in next year’s calendar. Thirteen winners will be selected. Winning students and their teachers will receive a prize bag and be honored in Town Council Meeting.
- Contestants must be 4th grade students in Gilbert. This includes the Gilbert Public School District, Higley Unified School District, Chandler Unified School District, charter, or private schools within Gilbert town boundaries. Homeschool students that live within Gilbert town boundaries are also eligible for the contest.
- Artwork must be submitted with an entry form. Drawing can be done on the backside of the entry form. Please scan and send both side of the document if you choose this method.
- Submitting artwork gives Gilbert permission to share drawings publicly. Only students’ first name, school, and grade will be displayed publicly with their drawing.
- Multiple entries from contestants are permitted.
- All submissions must be received by October 12, 2017.
- The original drawing must be done HORIZONTALLY on an 8.5 x 11 inch piece of paper.
- Drawings should have bright, bold colors.
- All words must be neat and spelled correctly.
Submitting Your Entry
Please fill out this form to submit with your artwork:
Mail your entries to:
Environmental Compliance Calendar Contest
4760 S. Greenfield Road
Gilbert, AZ 85297
Or scan and send a color copy of your original artwork to: Environmental.Compliance@GilbertAZ.gov.
DEADLINE TO ENTER: October 12, 2017
The drawings will be judged on October 18. Thirteen entries will be selected to be featured in the calendar. The parent/guardian and teacher for each winner will be notified with the details for the ceremony. Prizes and calendars will be distributed at the council meeting unless otherwise arranged.