Bulk trash pickup is a monthly service for items that are too large to fit in your trash container. All items collected are taken to the landfill. Click here to determine your bulk schedule.
Household trash is not accepted for bulk pick up and should be bagged and placed in your trash container.
Items should be placed out for collection no earlier than the Saturday prior to your collection week and no later than 5:00 AM on Monday of your collection week. Pickup may occur any day during your collection week.
If you have items that were placed out on time, but were not collected, click here to report a missed bulk pickup.
Bulk items we collect:
Bulk items we do not collect:
Questions? (480) 503-6400
- Bulk trash piles may not be larger than 10 feet long by 5 feet wide by 5 feet high
- Place all items:
- On the front edge of your property near the sidewalk (or curb if no sidewalk exists) to avoid hazards to pedestrians and vehicles
- A minimum of 5 feet away from any obstacles including fences, electrical boxes, cable boxes, mail boxes, light poles, water meters, trash/recycle containers and landscape
- Out for pickup no earlier than the Saturday prior to your collection week and no later than 5:00 AM on Monday of your collection week
Bulk trash piles that exceed 10' x 5' x 5' can be collected for a nominal fee. Special collections start at a minimum rate of $33.00/15 minute increment. Tonnage fees may also apply.
Call Customer Service at (480) 503-6400 to arrange for a special pickup. Special pickups must be scheduled and confirmed BEFORE they are set out for service. Items placed out for pickup that have not been previously scheduled will not be collected.
Have too much stuff for a bulk pick up?
We have 10, 20, and 40 cubic yard roll off containers available for home remodeling, reroofing, landscaping, and other large-scale projects. Click here to learn more. Click here request a roll off container.
Want to haul it yourself?
With a copy of your current utility bill and a valid ID, Gilbert residents may dispose of one free load (up to 1-ton) of waste per month at the following locations:
San Tan Transfer Station
4040 S. 80th Street, Mesa, AZ 85212
(Sossaman and Elliot)
Hours of Operation - Monday-Friday 7:00 AM-4:00 PM; Saturday 7:00 AM-12:00 PM (closed Sundays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day)
Hours of Operation - Monday-Friday 6:00 AM-3:30 PM; Saturday 6:00 AM-12:00 PM (closed Sundays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day)
Cardboard Drop-Off Locations
For cardboard that cannot be cut down to fit inside your recycle container visit one of these locations:
- Gilbert Southeast Regional Library, 775 N. Greenfield Road
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 2224 E. Queen Creek Road
Call Customer Service at (480) 503-6400 to request an additional recycling container for your home at no charge.
Many bulk items such as furniture, mattresses, and appliances can be donated to your favorite non-profit organization and avoid the landfill. Contact them to schedule a pick up or locate a nearby donation drop off location.
Appliance Recycling Program
To schedule a large appliance pickup call Customer Service at (480) 503-6400 before 12:00 PM on the Wednesday of your bulk pick up week. Appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, water heaters, and air conditioners are collected and recycled. After scheduling, place appliance out for pick up according to the following guidelines:
- Place appliance on the front edge of your property and not on the sidewalk or street
- Refrigerators must be emptied prior to scheduled collection
- For safety reasons all doors, latches, and locks must be removed prior to placing the appliance out for collection