Engineering review is performed during these development processes to verify that Codes, Ordinances, and good engineering practices are being followed in relation to vital public services. These public services include drainage, water, sewer, transportation, and other utilities. In addition, the Development Engineer is responsible for securing adequate property dedications (rights-of-way and easements) in order to support these vital services.
As a supplement to these primary functions, the Development Engineer is in charge of the following:
- Town Design Standards, Specifications, and Details
- Water and Sewer “Will Serve” Letters
- Sewer Determination Letters (required for septic system permits)
- Water and Sewer Buy-In Determinations
- Reimbursement Determinations
- Commercial Development Fee Requests (engineering portion)
DevelopersWe work hard to make sure that your projects go smoothly, quickly, and efficiently. However, we also hold the public trust that your projects are of high quality and minimum disruption. We have designed this site with your convenience and accessibility in mind. If you have comments or questions feel free to call or e-mail us.
This site contains links to important information that will make your projects go quicker and smoother. We are hoping that in the future you will be able to download the standard Town details (in DWG), access the current Land Development Guide (searchable and indexable), download benchmark information, and have access to other documents and services so that you have the most up-to-date, hot-off-the-presses information and requirements that we have. Hopefully, this will save you time wasted in resubmittals, calls and trips to the Municipal Center, and an improved product the first time around.
In addition, we realize that not all contractors will have this information available and we appreciate your help in getting them here to our web site. Everything here is public information and you are welcome to print things out or download them and give them to your owners, employees, and contractors.
- Public Works and Engineering Standards and Details
- As-built/Benchmark/Flood Zone/Records
- Development Services Fee Schedule
- Out of Town Water Service Application
- Permits and Applications
- Pre-Application Meetings, General Plan Amendments, Zoning Design Review, Use Permits, Preliminary Plats & Annexations
- Standard Comments for Pre-application
- Standard Commercial and Industrial Site Plan Notes
- Standard Plans Transfer Policy
- Standard Residential Plan Conditions
- Unified Land Development Code (Old code that was effective PRIOR to March 3, 2005)
- Zoning and Land Development Code Update (Effective March 3, 2005)
- Zoning Map
Engineering Plan Review
Plan review responsibilities include pre-application, preliminary plats, improvement plans, and final plats. This review process is only for the engineering improvements (water, sewer, streets, etc.) and not the building review.
Please contact Albert Piñeda, Plans Examiner Administrator, at (480) 503-6843.
Detailed inspections are completed for every construction job in the Town. These inspections are for the public's safety and convenience. These inspections include retention grading, sewer line flow, water line leakage and pressure, soil density, and concrete and asphalt thickness and durability. View Engineering, Traffic, Planning Inspections webpage for inspection request or scheduling.
The records area maintains files of recorded plats (lot dimensions, easements, etc.), construction as-builts (water, sewer locations, etc.), and Town benchmarks. Copies are available to developers, engineers, and the general public for a per-page charge. Engineering - Request for Records.