CURRENT PHASE: Construction Phase 1
Anticipated construction completion: March 2018*
*Dates are estimates and subject to change
Gilbert has contracted with Achen-Gardner Construction to install sewer pipeline, a sewage lift station, and water pipeline in the Fiesta Tech area. The following is a tentative schedule for this work, which will begin on Baseline Road, continuing to Fiesta Boulevard south to Guadalupe Road:
- Phase 1: Scheduled to start July 10, 2017 continuing through September 2017, pipeline construction will take place in the south side of Baseline Road, beginning east of Country Club Drive, to Fiesta Boulevard. Work includes water pipeline west of Fiesta Boulevard and sewer pipeline from Country Club Drive to east of Fiesta Boulevard. Baseline Road will remain open for travel; however road restrictions will be in place to shift traffic away from the construction zone.
- Phase 2: As pipeline installation nears completion in Baseline Road in September 2017, work will move to Fiesta Boulevard, beginning at Baseline Road and moving in a southerly direction to Tech Boulevard. At this time northbound Fiesta Boulevard will initially be closed for 3-4 weeks, between Tech Boulevard and Baseline Road for work in this area.
- Phase 3: Work will then take place in Guadalupe Road, from Fiesta Boulevard to east of the Union Pacific Railroad tracks beginning in October through December 2017. Guadalupe Road will remain open for travel with traffic shifted away from the work zone.
- Phase 4: Work will continue on Fiesta Boulevard working from Guadalupe Road north to Tech Boulevard from December 2017 through February 2018. Road restrictions will be in place, and flagmen may be used to assist in managing traffic on Fiesta Boulevard during this time.
- Phase 5: Work will return to Fiesta Boulevard between Tech Boulevard and Baseline Road, and on Baseline Road east of Country Club Drive to east of Fiesta Boulevard in February and March of 2018 to make necessary pipeline connections to the existing system. Baseline Road will remain open for travel; however road restrictions will be in place to shift traffic away from the construction zone.
Business access will be maintained during this work, which is expected to be completed March 2018.
We appreciate your patience while we make these necessary improvements.
Questions about this project? Please contact our project hotline at (480) 898-4090.
Sign up to receive email updates!
Stay up to date on the latest project details by signing up to receive email updates.