Current Phase: Construction
- Construction Start: May 13, 2019
- Construction Completion: Spring 2021
MILESTONES ACHIEVED THIS PERIOD - AUGUST 2019
- SITE: Underground retention tank #1 complete and subgrade placed at lower basin track complete.
- Admin/Classroom Bldg - Completed underground MEP (area 4 and partial 2 & 3), prep and pour slab (areas 2,3 and 4) in progress, masonry stem wall at area 1 complete.
- Shooting Range - Masonry walls at 50 yd shooting range to 24’ high, in wall electric in progress, underground MEP complete at 25 yd range and non-range area.
- Big Box: Footings and stem walls complete w/ utility stub.
- Burn Buildings: Survey for all footings complete, footings complete at Apt. Tower and Strip Mall.
UPCOMING MILESTONES NEXT PERIOD - SEPTEMBER 2019
- SITE: Complete installation of underground retention #2, #3 and #4, begin install of east side sewer line, complete lower basin storm drain and catch basin installation, place cemented AB subgrade at lower basin components.
- Admin/Classroom Bldg - complete underground MEP, prep and pour slab (areas 1, 2 &3), interior masonry walls to second floor with in-wall electric
- Shooting Range - prep and pour floor slab @ 25 yd, and non-range area, masonry to parapet at 50 yd range, masonry to 12’ at 25 yd range 50 yd. masonry walls.
- Big Box: Underground P&E, prep and pour slab.
- Burn Buildings: Footings, UG P&E, Form and pour 1st lift.
CIP Project MF040 represents an approved joint Police and Fire Training Facility. The project calls for the design and construction of a public safety training facility on the southern portion of the Rittenhouse basin bordered by the East Maricopa County Floodway (EMF), Power Road, and the Union Pacific Railroad/Rittenhouse Alignment (see map below). The proposed training facility consists of multiple tactical, prop and classroom structures, shooting range and a driver training track necessary for the best-in-class training of police officers, firefighters, and other first responders.
Questions? Contact us at TrainingFacility@gilbertaz.gov.