Current Phase: Construction
- Construction Start: May 13, 2019
- Construction Completion: Spring 2021
MILESTONES ACHIEVED THIS PERIOD - December 2019
- Site: No milestones achieved this period due to rain and waiting for cathodic protection material availability.
- Admin/Classroom Bldg.: Masonry walls on-going at areas 1 and 4. Structural steel columns and joists installed for 1st and 2nd floors.
- Shooting Range: Masonry walls complete. Steel joists & columns installed throughout. Steel deck installed at 50 yd and non-range.
- Big Box: Masonry to 16’ lift at west half, lintels set, masonry to 8’ east side and door frames set.
- Burn Buildings: Apt. Tower 3nd floor deck, columns and walls poured. Class A Residential 1st floor deck complete and backfill on-going. Class B Residential 2nd floor poured.
UPCOMING MILESTONES NEXT PERIOD - January 2020
- Site: Continue site fencing and gate installation, paving to resume in March due to weather, install west half water line (delayed due to cathodic protection)
- Admin/Classroom Bldg.: All masonry walls (areas 1 and 4)top out, set tired classroom scaffolding for overhead work, install 2nd floor steel deck and pour floor, steel roof deck, on-going in-wall mechanical, electric & plumbing.
- Shooting Range: Install steel roof deck and baffle supports, foam insulate CMU cells, electrical and HVAC ducts in 5o yd range.
- Big Box: Masonry walls to parapet west half and to 16’ east half, on-going in wall electrical.
- Burn Buildings: Strip Mall loading dock railings, roof tile, MEP trim out. Class A Res. pour 1st floor columns, install CIP stair and 1st floor masonry walls. Class B Res. 2nd floor masonry walls. Apt. Tower form & pour 3rd floor stairwell, form and pour 4th floor deck.
CIP Project MF040 represents an approved joint Police and Fire Training Facility. The project calls for the design and construction of a public safety training facility on the southern portion of the Rittenhouse basin bordered by the East Maricopa County Floodway (EMF), Power Road, and the Union Pacific Railroad/Rittenhouse Alignment (see map below). The proposed training facility consists of multiple tactical, prop and classroom structures, shooting range and a driver training track necessary for the best-in-class training of police officers, firefighters, and other first responders.
Questions? Contact us at TrainingFacility@gilbertaz.gov.