Current Phase: Construction
- Construction Start: May 13, 2019
- Construction Completion: Spring 2021
MILESTONES ACHIEVED THIS PERIOD - October 2019
- SITE: Storm drain piping and catch basins complete. Completed ribbon curb and backfill. Site fencing installation begun.
- Admin/Classroom Bldg.: Slab on grade completed except @ apparatus bay. Masonry walls to 2nd floor structural bearing height and in wall electric on-going.
- Shooting Range: All slabs on grade and underground plumbing and electrical rough-in complete. Masonry walls topped out @ both ranges and to 9’-4” at non-range. In wall electric on-going.
- Big Box: Slab on grade and masonry at loading dock complete.
- Burn Buildings: Footings & stem walls and slab on grade complete at all buildings except Class A Residential slab. Strip Mall masonry to 8’. Apartment Tower 2nd floor deck form work complete.
UPCOMING MILESTONES NEXT PERIOD - November 2019
- SITE: Continue site fencing installation, complete paving track, resume installing water line.
- Admin/Classroom Bldg.: All masonry walls (areas 2 & 3)to parapet, install steel columns & joists, on-going in wall mechanical, electric & plumbing.
- Shooting Range: Complete all masonry walls, install steel columns, beams & joists, and on-going in wall electrical, mechanical and plumbing.
- Big Box: Masonry walls to 8’, on-going in wall electrical and plumbing.
- Burn Buildings: Strip Mall masonry to roof deck, form & pour roof deck. Class A Residential pour basement slab, form and pour 1st floor deck. Class B Residential install 1st floor masonry walls, in wall electric and form 2nd floor deck. Apartment Tower pour 2nd floor deck, form and pour 3rd floor.
CIP Project MF040 represents an approved joint Police and Fire Training Facility. The project calls for the design and construction of a public safety training facility on the southern portion of the Rittenhouse basin bordered by the East Maricopa County Floodway (EMF), Power Road, and the Union Pacific Railroad/Rittenhouse Alignment (see map below). The proposed training facility consists of multiple tactical, prop and classroom structures, shooting range and a driver training track necessary for the best-in-class training of police officers, firefighters, and other first responders.
Questions? Contact us at TrainingFacility@gilbertaz.gov.