Current Phase: Construction
- Construction Start: May 13, 2019
- Construction Completion: Spring 2021
MILESTONES ACHIEVED THIS PERIOD - June 2020
- Site: Masonry site walls, on-going curb & gutter on high side, PCCP @ Big Box, on-going tactical village PCCP streets, sub-grade prep for parking lot, traffic poles & signals set, set water meters, shade canopy(s) columns set. Low Side: Track striping, final fine grading at slopes, rip rap install on slopes started, hydro-seed complete, shade canopy structures erected.
- Admin/Classroom Bldg.: 1st floor: MEP, LV, AV & Fire Protection rough-in nearly complete, drywall finishing & painting on-going, terrazzo showers on-going, Arriscraft stone complete.
2nd Floor: Roof top equipment set, MEP, AV, fire protection, LV OH rough-in, hang & tape drywall, exterior metal wall panels.
- Shooting Range: Millwork on-going, compressed air lines, plumbing fixtures. Ranges: Baffle fascia & steel, traps complete, start diffuser install.
- Big Box: Roof top equip set, insulation complete, drywall, MEP, fire sprinkler rough-in complete, overhead doors.
- Burn Buildings: Apt. Tower: Roof tile, concrete finishing on-going, interior stair railing, wall liners complete. Class A Res.: HTL wall liner, fire brick, int. masonry walls, scuppers. Class B Res.: Wall liners, MEP trim, railings. Strip Mall: Storefront system, wall liners, props.
UPCOMING MILESTONES NEXT PERIOD - July 2020
- Site: Traffic signal and finish off-sites, continue curb and gutter, continue PCCP, continue shade canopies. Low Side: Install DG & rip rap, finish shade canopies & paint, signage at track, complete sealant at Skills Pad 1, punch list for track.
- Admin/Classroom Bldg.: Interior paint on-going, terrazzo showers, continue storefront/curtain wall, metal wall panels, frame low ceilings, ceramic tile, grid clg., millwork, MEP, AV, fire alarm, low voltage trim. 2nd floor: Exterior metal wall panels, continue storefront glazing, fire alarm & low voltage OH rough, drywall finishing & paint.
- Shooting Range: Complete millwork, complete wall acoustics, complete paint, install DCU, finish diffusers, 25 yd. start-up and balance.
- Big Box: Finish drywall, paint interior and exterior, start-up equip., doors & hardware, ceramic tile, HVAC trim.
- Burn Buildings: Apt. Tower: Fire shutters, seal masonry, exhaust fans, MEP finishes and trim.
Class A Res.: Interior masonry walls, fire brick pavers, fire shutters, doors & hardware, misc metals, paint. Class B Res.: Doors & hardware, MEP trim, finish wall liners. Strip Mall: Seal walls, doors & hardware, gas props.
CIP Project MF040 represents an approved joint Police and Fire Training Facility. The project calls for the design and construction of a public safety training facility on the southern portion of the Rittenhouse basin bordered by the East Maricopa County Floodway (EMF), Power Road, and the Union Pacific Railroad/Rittenhouse Alignment (see map below). The proposed training facility consists of multiple tactical, prop and classroom structures, shooting range and a driver training track necessary for the best-in-class training of police officers, firefighters, and other first responders.
Questions? Contact us at TrainingFacility@gilbertaz.gov.