Current Phase: Construction
- Construction Start: May 13, 2019
- Construction Completion: Spring 2021
MILESTONES ACHIEVED THIS PERIOD - February 2020
- Site: Continue site fencing and gate installation, curb and gutter at high and dry, white paving (Skills Pad 2), paving to resume in March due to weather, finish install of east half water line with cathodic protection.
- Admin/Classroom Bldg.: Install steel joist, mezzanine deck and stairs(Area 4), roof deck & roofing system(Area 1), Area 2/3 OH fire sprinkler, mechanical & plumbing.
- Shooting Range: Install steel baffle supports, roofing and set rooftop equip at non-range, OH mechanical, fire sprinkler & electrical non-range & 50 yd.
- Big Box: Finish masonry walls, set steel columns and set steel joists.
- Burn Buildings: Strip Mall loading dock railings, roof tile, MEP trim out & metal storefront. Class A Res. form & place roof deck. Class B Res. attic masonry walls. Apt. Tower form & pour 5th floor roof, interior masonry walls.
UPCOMING MILESTONES NEXT PERIOD - March 2020
- Site: Complete site fence and gate installation, fire hydrant loop, east half water loop and Skills Pad 1 paving. Start curb and gutter, and prep for PCCP at high and dry,
- Admin/Classroom Bldg.: Continue MEP, fire protection rough-in, interior framing, 1 side drywall, insulation, fire alarm, grinding of concrete floors and complete roofing install.
- Shooting Range: Set rooftop equip at ranges, continue OH mechanical, fire sprinkler & electrical, Action Target install baffle system.
- Big Box: Complete misc. steel detailing and roof deck.
- Burn Buildings: Strip Mall: prep/clean all masonry walls. Class A Res. : Install HTL liner and shingles on roof. Class B Res. : Install roof trusses and deck. Apt. Tower: Masonry (interior & exterior), plumbing, cast-in-place stairs and exterior metal stairs.
CIP Project MF040 represents an approved joint Police and Fire Training Facility. The project calls for the design and construction of a public safety training facility on the southern portion of the Rittenhouse basin bordered by the East Maricopa County Floodway (EMF), Power Road, and the Union Pacific Railroad/Rittenhouse Alignment (see map below). The proposed training facility consists of multiple tactical, prop and classroom structures, shooting range and a driver training track necessary for the best-in-class training of police officers, firefighters, and other first responders.
Questions? Contact us at TrainingFacility@gilbertaz.gov.