THE NEXT CITIZENS' POLICE ACADEMY BEGINS JANUARY 29, 2020.
Complete your application today!
The Citizens' Police Academy (CPA) gives members of our community, including business and community leaders, an inside look at law enforcement. The academy is designed to provide participants with an understanding of the partnership between the Gilbert Police Department and the community.
Academy topics include:
- K-9 Unit
- Tactical Operations Unit (SWAT Team)
- Patrol Operations
- Criminal Investigations
- Drug Enforcement
- Gang Enforcement
- Traffic Laws
- DUI Laws
- Firearms Safety and Orientation
The Gilbert Citizens' Police Academy is a nine-week program that takes place on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM. The classes are held at the Gilbert Police Department Amphitheater, located at 75 East Civic Center Drive in Gilbert. Upon completion of the academy, all participants receive a Certificate of Graduation and are invited to join the Citizens' Police Academy Alumni Association.
All individuals wishing to attend need to complete an application: https://general.gilbertaz.gov/eforms/police/frmCitizensAcademy.cfm
Potential candidates for the Gilbert Police Citizens' Academy must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years of age at the time of application
- Live or work in the Town of Gilbert
- Attend a school or be an applicant in the Town of Gilbert
- No prior felony arrests
- No misdemeanor arrests within five years of the application
- Each candidate must pass a background check conducted by the police department