All Gilbert municipal buildings, aside from Gilbert Municipal Court and Gilbert Police Department’s main station are closed to the public until May 10th. For the latest updates and information on Gilbert’s response to COVID-19, also known as coronavirus, visit


Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Where can I report any suspicious activity that might be terrorist related?
Call the Arizona Counter Terrorism Information Center (AcTIC) at 1-877-272-8329 (1-877-2SAVEAZ)

Does the Gilbert Police Department offer a ride-along with officers? 
Currently, a ride-along is only offered to the following individuals: 

  • Applicants for police officer who are in the background process.
  • Law enforcement officers
  • An active member of the U.S. military
  • Citizen academy participant or graduate
  • Gilbert Leadership participant
  • Media personnel (please contact the department PIO)

Does the Gilbert Police Department have a facility where they rescue lost or abandoned property - like bicycles, for example?
Yes, please access the Property and Evidence page to get more information about lost and abandoned property.

What are the lobby hours for the police department?
The police department lobby is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

What are the lobby hours for the Santan substation?
8 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. A call box is located outside the lobby for after hours that connects you to Communications who can dispatch an officer to assist you.

How do I obtain copy of a police report?
Visit the Police Records page.

Where can I get crime statistics?
Visit the Crime Analysis page.

Where can I find out information about motor vehicle registration?
Contact the Arizona Department of Transportation, Motor Vehicle Division at (602) 255-0072.

How do I find out if any sex offenders are in my neighborhood?
Visit the Arizona Department of Public Safety’s Sex Offender Info Center to search for sex offenders by name, address, or zip code.

Who do I call to report graffiti?
Contact the police department at (480) 503-6500.

Does the Gilbert Police Department do public fingerprinting?
No, but fingerprinting locations may be found in business section of your local telephone directory.

How do I know if I should call 911 or the non-emergency number?
If you are witnessing or are involved in a life-threatening situation or there is a crime in progress, call 911. All other requests, such as suspicious activity, questions, or to make a report of a crime that has already occurred, call the non-emergency number at (480) 503-6500.  We have also provided useful information on reporting crime on our Be a Good Witness page.

What can we do about speeding on our street?
First, set an example by being aware of the speed you drive. Second, contact the Traffic Hotline number at (480) 635-7294 and leave detailed information regarding the driving offense. You may also request to have the radar trailer placed in your neighborhood. The radar trailer helps drivers recognize when they are speeding by flashing their speed on the screen as they approach the trailer.  Additionally, you may report speeding issues through our Submit a Tip page.

How do I lodge a complaint against an officer/employee?
Visit the File a Complaint or Commendation page.

How do I compliment an officer/employee and thank them for something they have done?
Visit the File a Complaint or Commendation page.