Each year the Gilbert Parks and Recreation Department sponsors three seasons of Adult Softball (Winter, Spring and Fall) at Freestone Park. 112 teams participate in 14 different leagues each season. Singleheaders and Doubleheaders are offered. Each season concludes with a single-header tournament for each league. Gilbert leagues are affiliated with USA Softball.
Softball registration is handled online at www.GilbertRecreation.com. Registration online is required by teams after registration periods open. After online registration is completed the league coordinator should be emailed a roster by using the process below. To see the schedule of our Fall 2018 adult softball tournaments, please the check the flyer below and register your team at www.GilbertRecreation.com. Team registration for tournaments opens online approximately 30 days prior to each event.
Registration for our 9th Annual Spooky Slugfest Softball Tournament is now open. Tournament will be held on Saturday, October 27. This will be a 16 inch tournament. Women playing in the coed division will hit a 12 inch ball. You can register online by following one of the links below. Team roster must be emailed to email@example.com at time of registration. Teams are not considered registered until both payment and roster have been received.
Rain Out Number: (480) 503-6201 (Call after 3:30pm)
- Softball Fall 2018 League Information Flyer Online registration begins 7/10 at 7am and is now closed, league play starts week of 9/9.
- Softball Manager Handbook
- 2018 Softball Tournaments Flyer Tournament information packets go online here approximately 6 weeks prior to event. All tournament registration is done online at www.GilbertRecreation.com
- Player Add/Drop Form
- Join our Subscription E-mail Lists
- Adult Sports Free Agent Form Looking to get on a team? New to Gilbert? Click on the Free Agent Form and submit your contact information/sport/level of play. Team managers utilize these lists when adding players to their rosters. Please keep in mind the contact information provided will be viewable online.
- View the Adult Sports Free Agent List
Approved/Non Approved Bats
Visit the USA Softball website for a complete listing of approved/non-approved bats.
League Roster Process
*Softball rosters can be either e-mailed, mailed in or dropped off at the Gilbert Parks and Recreation Department, 90 E. Civic Center Dr. in Gilbert.
- Register your team online at www.GilbertRecreation.com. This guarantees your spot in the upcoming season.
- Open the Softball Roster Form in Internet Explorer, then fill in your roster information.
- Save a copy to your files to access for future season’s changes.
- Click the SUBMIT button. Two options will appear. The 1st option will send the PDF to your email application (i.e. Outlook); please click on the Send button in your email application to email your filled form. The 2nd option will save the filled roster form to your desktop. Attach it to your internet e-mail service (i.e. Hotmail, Yahoo.com) and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Your roster will be sent directly to our Adult Sports staff.
- After we have received your roster a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
Illegal players: Players can now play on any number of softball teams in Gilbert, as long as they are listed on the official team roster. This includes both league and tournament play. Team managers are responsible for keeping their rosters up to date.