Each year the Gilbert Parks and Recreation Department sponsors three seasons of Adult Softball (Winter, Spring and Fall) at Freestone Park. 112 teams participate in 14 different leagues each season. Singleheaders and Doubleheaders are offered. Each season concludes with a single-header tournament for each league. Gilbert leagues are affiliated with the Amateur Softball Association of America (ASA).
Softball league registration is handled on a registration basis. To be included in the team registration for each upcoming season, teams need to submit a roster during registration dates. Teams eligible for late registration come after the league registration to see if any spaces remain.
Our next Softball Tournament is the Spooky Slugfest, scheduled for October 29. Registration is due by 12PM Thursday, October 27. Rosters and registration fees must both be submitted by that time. We've put a spin on this tournament by adding some fun and quirky rules. Everyone is encouraged to dress up! Team with the best costume will be rewarded with a prize.
- Softball Fall 2016 League Information Flyer
- 2016 Softball Tournaments
- Softball Manager Handbook
- Player Add/Drop Form
- Join our Subscription E-mail Lists
- Adult Sports Free Agent List
Approved/Non Approved Bats
Visit the Amateur Softball Association (ASA) website for a complete listing of approved/non-approved bats.
*Softball rosters can be either e-mailed, mailed in or dropped off at the Gilbert Parks and Recreation Department, 90 E. Civic Center Dr. in Gilbert.
- Open the Softball Roster Form in Internet Explorer, then fill in your roster information.
- Save a copy to your files to access for future season’s changes.
- Click the SUBMIT button. Two options will appear. The 1st option will send the PDF to your email application (i.e. Outlook); please click on the Send button in your email application to email your filled form. The 2nd option will save the filled roster form to your desktop. Attach it to your internet e-mail service (i.e. Hotmail, Yahoo.com) and e-mail to email@example.com Your roster will be sent directly to our Adult Sports Staff.
- After we have received your roster a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
(Access leagues in the following tables):
Illegal players: Players can now play on any number of softball teams in Gilbert, as long as they are listed on the official team roster. This includes both league and tournament play. Team managers are responsible for keeping their rosters up to date.
8 TEAM LEAGUE AWARDS
First Place: 15 league championship T-shirts First Place Tournament: $50 AMEX gift card Second Place Tournament: $40 AMEX gift card
Rain Out Number: (480) 503-6201
Gilbert is interested in hiring additional FRIENDLY umpires for our adult softball program. Playing experience is very helpful. Umpires must register with the Amateur Softball Association and have good availability Sunday-Friday nights.
Please contact Jerry Fontes at Arizona Metro Umpires (602) 616-0237. Thank you!