Each year the Gilbert Parks and Recreation Department sponsors three seasons of Adult Softball (Winter, Spring and Fall) at Freestone Park. 112 teams participate in 14 different leagues each season. Singleheaders and Doubleheaders are offered. Each season concludes with a single-header tournament for each league. Gilbert leagues are affiliated with USA Softball (formerly ASA).
Softball registration is handled online at www.GilbertRecreation.com. To be eligible for the online registration for each upcoming season, teams need to submit a roster using the fillable roster form below.
Rain Out Number: (480) 503-6201
Gilbert Days 2017 Schedules
Roster and Rules Coed Registration Men's Registration Women's Registration
It's time to sign up for the 28th Annual Gilbert Days Softball Tournament! All teams must register online at www.gilbertrecreation.com or by following one of the registration links above. Registration deadline for Coed is Monday, November 6 at 12pm. Registration deadline for Men's and Women' teams is Monday, November 13 at 12pm. Rosters are to be email to email@example.com at the time of registration. Teams are not considered registered until payment and roster have been received. For more detailed information regarding divisions, locations and tournament format, follow the Roster and Rules link above.
- Softball Winter 2018 League Information Flyer Online registration begins 12/12/ at 7am, league play starts week of 1/21)
- Softball Manager Handbook
- 2017-18 Softball Tournaments Flyer
- Player Add/Drop Form
- Join our Subscription E-mail Lists
- Adult Sports Free Agent Form Looking to get on a team? New to Gilbert? Click on the Free Agent Form and submit your contact information/sport/level of play. Team managers utilize these lists when adding players to their rosters. Please keep in mind the contact information provided will be viewable online.
- View the Adult Sports Free Agent List
Approved/Non Approved Bats
Visit the USA Softball website for a complete listing of approved/non-approved bats.
*Softball rosters can be either e-mailed, mailed in or dropped off at the Gilbert Parks and Recreation Department, 90 E. Civic Center Dr. in Gilbert.
- Open the Softball Roster Form in Internet Explorer, then fill in your roster information.
- Save a copy to your files to access for future season’s changes.
- Click the SUBMIT button. Two options will appear. The 1st option will send the PDF to your email application (i.e. Outlook); please click on the Send button in your email application to email your filled form. The 2nd option will save the filled roster form to your desktop. Attach it to your internet e-mail service (i.e. Hotmail, Yahoo.com) and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Your roster will be sent directly to our Adult Sports staff.
- After we have received your roster a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
Illegal players: Players can now play on any number of softball teams in Gilbert, as long as they are listed on the official team roster. This includes both league and tournament play. Team managers are responsible for keeping their rosters up to date.