Each year the Gilbert Parks and Recreation Department sponsors three seasons of Adult Softball (Winter, Spring and Fall) at Freestone Park. 112 teams participate in 14 different leagues each season. Singleheaders and Doubleheaders are offered. Each season concludes with a single-header tournament for each league. Gilbert leagues are affiliated with USA Softball (formerly ASA).
Softball registration is handled online at www.GilbertRecreation.com. To be eligible for the online registration for each upcoming season, teams need to submit a roster using the fillable roster form below.
Rain Out Number: (480) 503-6201
Annual Spooky Slugfest Softball Tournament 2017
Saturday, October 28
Teams must register online at www.gilbertrecreation.com by 12:00 PM Wednesday, October 25.
Roster is required to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on same day as registration. No team is considered registered until both payment and roster have been received.
- Softball Winter 2018 League Information Flyer Online registration begins 12/12/ at 7am, league play starts week of 1/21)
- Softball Manager Handbook
- 2017-18 Softball Tournaments Flyer
- Player Add/Drop Form
- Join our Subscription E-mail Lists
- Adult Sports Free Agent Form Looking to get on a team? New to Gilbert? Click on the Free Agent Form and submit your contact information/sport/level of play. Team managers utilize these lists when adding players to their rosters. Please keep in mind the contact information provided will be viewable online.
- View the Adult Sports Free Agent List
Approved/Non Approved Bats
Visit the USA Softball website for a complete listing of approved/non-approved bats.
*Softball rosters can be either e-mailed, mailed in or dropped off at the Gilbert Parks and Recreation Department, 90 E. Civic Center Dr. in Gilbert.
- Open the Softball Roster Form in Internet Explorer, then fill in your roster information.
- Save a copy to your files to access for future season’s changes.
- Click the SUBMIT button. Two options will appear. The 1st option will send the PDF to your email application (i.e. Outlook); please click on the Send button in your email application to email your filled form. The 2nd option will save the filled roster form to your desktop. Attach it to your internet e-mail service (i.e. Hotmail, Yahoo.com) and e-mail to email@example.com Your roster will be sent directly to our Adult Sports staff.
- After we have received your roster a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
Illegal players: Players can now play on any number of softball teams in Gilbert, as long as they are listed on the official team roster. This includes both league and tournament play. Team managers are responsible for keeping their rosters up to date.