The Gilbert Parks and Recreation Department sponsors three seasons of adult basketball (Winter, Summer, Fall) at Greenfield Junior High School, & South Valley Junior High School. League fees are $495 per team and include referees. Each league consists of seven league games and a single-elimination tournament. Games are Sundays 3:30-7pm, Monday-Thursday 6:30-10:00pm.
Basketball registration is handled online at www.GilbertRecreation.com. To be eligible for the online registration for each upcoming season, teams need to submit a roster using the fillable roster form below.
- Winter 2018 Basketball League Information Flyer Online registration begins 12/12/17, league starts week of 1/21).
- Basketball Roster
- Basketball Manager Handbook
- Player Add-Drop Form
- Adult Sports Free Agent Form Looking to get on a team? New to Gilbert? Click on the Free Agent Form and submit your contact information/sport/level of play. Team managers utilize these lists when adding players to their rosters. Please keep in mind the contact information provided will be viewable online.
- View the Adult Sports Free Agent List
- Open the Basketball Roster Form in Internet Explorer, then fill in your roster information.
- Save a copy to your files to access for future season’s changes.
- Click the SUBMIT button. Two options will appear. The 1st option will send the pdf to your email application (i.e. Outlook); please click on the Send button in your email application to email your filled form. The 2nd option will save the filled roster form to your desktop. Attach it to your internet e-mail service (i.e. Hotmail, Yahoo.com) and e-mail to email@example.com. Your roster will be sent directly to our Adult Sports Staff.
- After we have received your roster a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
*Basketball rosters can be either e-mailed, mailed in or dropped off at the Gilbert Parks and Recreation Department, 90 E. Civic Center Dr. in Gilbert.
MANGERS PLEASE NOTE OUR LEAGUE UNIFORM POLICY AND REMIND YOUR PLAYERS THAT THESE RULES WILL BE ENFORCED
- All players in leagues must wear matching jerseys during games with a number on the front or back of their jersey. Teams have until week 2 to be compliant with this rule, however having them the first week is preferred.
- Colors should MATCH.
- No magic marker or taped numbers.
- No teams wearing a combination of tank tops/T shirts.
- If color conflicts occur, the gym supervisors will provide pennies to one team.
- Players not having a proper jersey week #2 will not be allowed to play.