Gilbert's Response to COVID-19
It is our responsibility to prioritize the health of Gilbert’s residents and employees, especially those who are high-risk for contracting this virus. In an attempt to flatten the curve to contain the spread of COVID-19, Gilbert is taking the following steps and precautions:
The Gilbert Senior Center is closed and all senior recreation classes are suspended until further notice. During the closure Senior Center staff can be reached M-F, 8am-3:30pm, at 480-503-6061.
- AZCEND's senior meals will move to a curbside pick-up only until further notice.
- A 24 hour reservation is required for all meals. To make a reservation, you must call (480) 503-6059. Please leave a message if no one is available to accept your call directly.
- Meals will be available for pick-up from 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM, Monday - Friday.
- You must already be an active participant of the Senior Center. If you are unsure that you have updated your paperwork in 2020, please contact the Senior Center office 480-503-6061.
- For questions related to AZCEND, please contact Kelly Delgado, Senior Program Manager, at Kelly@AZCEND.org or at (480) 782-2721.
To learn more about the steps Gilbert is taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19, visit: gibertaz.gov/COVID19
We will update this message on AZCEND (www.azcend.org) and on this page as needed to keep you informed of when we will resume regular services at the senior center.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation.
Adults 50+ have a place to meet new friends and share life experiences at the Gilbert Senior Center. Become a member today it's easy. There are no membership fees and most importantly it opens the door to many activities and programs. For more information on please call (480) 503-6061.
AZCEND provides the senior nutrition program at the Gilbert Senior Center. Those 60+ or under 60 with disabilities may choose a hot meal or soup and salad bar for a suggested contribution of $3.50; for those under 60 there is a charge of $5.00. Guests meals are available for $5.00/meal. All seniors 60+ who participate in the meal program will be required to fill out annual paperwork.
AZCEND also offers the Home Delivered Meals Program for those who are unable to come to the center. A hot nourish meal is delivered to the home Monday - Friday between 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM. To qualify for programs participants must call the Senior Helpline which is sponsored by Area Agency on Aging 602-264-4357. The other option is private pay meals and those meals are available for $6.50/meal with a set-up fee off $20.00. Please contact Laura Allen at 480-503-6058 if interested.
In addition to meals AZCEND offers an array of classes, activities, health presentations and volunteer opportunities. For a schedule or more information, please call Lisa Price, at 480-503-6061. Thanks to Area Agency on Aging, United Way, and the Town of Gilbert for your continued support in funding.
|Lunch Menu: July 2020|
Stay Home, Stay Healthy IssueThe Town of Gilbert complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
For accommodations please call (480) 503-6200