In the next few years, Gilbert residents and businesses will enjoy recreational use of the Chandler Heights Basin thanks to an Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) between the Flood Control District of Maricopa County and the Town of Gilbert. The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors voted to approve the IGA that allows Gilbert to implement and maintain a multi-use and recreational area within the District’s Chandler Heights Basin, 225 acres located south of Queen Creek Road and west of Higley Road. In addition, Gilbert currently owns approximately 47 acres immediately adjacent to the basin which provides a new, 272 acre regional park site in the South area of Gilbert.
Gilbert will begin the final refinement of the conceptual plans and present these at meetings of the Parks, Recreation and Library Services Board and Town Council. These are public meetings and we encourage the community to attend.
- April 5th – three concepts 15% level, 6:00p Council Chambers-PRLSAB meeting
- April 21st– presentation of three concepts 15% level, 4:00p Council Chambers-Council Study Session
- May 24th – Presentation of draft Master/Concept Plan, 6:00p Council Chambers-Special PRLSAB meeting
- June 14th - Presentation of draft Master/Concept Plan, 6:00p Muni 1 Bldg., PRLSAB meeting
- June 23rd - Presentation of draft Final Master/Concept Plan, 7:00p, Council Chambers-Council Meeting
- Regional Park Power Point Presentation
- GRP Executive Summary
- GRP Concept/Master Plan document
- GRP Appendix A - Workshop Summaries
- GRP Appendix B - Infrastructure
- GRP Appendix C - Irrigation
- GRP Appendix D - Traffic
- GRP Appendix E - Geotechnical Report
- GRP Appendix F - Drainage Report
- GRP Appendix G - Business Plan
Your feedback matters!
To stay up to date on the latest information and upcoming public meetings, sign up for email updates here.