Gilbert, AZ 85297
(N.E. corner of Santan Village Parkway and Pecos Road)
Daily 5:30 am-10:00 pm (not affected by Holidays)
- 2 Lakes stocked for fishing; Uses Reclaimed Water
- 3 Lighted Multi-use Fields
- 2 Multi-Use Fields
- 2 Lighted Sand Volleyball Courts
- 2 Lighted Basketball Courts
- 4 swings and a climbing rock Play Area
- 8 Reservable Ramadas with BBQ Grills
- 1 Restroom Facility
- Butterfly garden
- Learning path (self directed play activities on paths)
- Various Benches, Bike Racks & Multi-Use/Equestrian Trails
- Trash Receptacles
- 48 Acre Park
- 400 parking spots
Ramadas and other amenities can be reserved any day of the week
between 5:30 am – 10:00 pm. Reserve a ramada
- Sandstone: Large ramada with 9 tables and 2 grills. Power available.
- Bedrock: Large ramada with 9 tables and 2 grills. Power available, Inflatable area with Generator Only.
- Granite: Large ramada with 9 tables & 2 grills. Power available.
- Discovery: Small ramada with 2 tables and grill. Power available.
- Arroyo: Small ramada with 2 tables and grill. Power available.
- Digger’s Cove: Small ramada with 2 tables and grill. Power available, Inflatable Area.
- Pebble: Small ramada with 2 tables and grill. Power available.
- Hoopasaurus: Small ramada with 2 tables and grill. Power available, Inflatable Area.
Discovery park is a 48 acre park that opened in 2006. The park features 5 multi use fields, basketball courts, sand volleyball pits, 2 ponds which are stocked as part of the community fishing program, a small playground with a fun climbing rock, a network of multi use trails, and 8 picnic ramadas (with power and bbq grills). Ramadas can be reserved for events.
Discovery Park was named after the discovery of fossils of a Columbian Mammoth near the site during construction. After a naming contest, the mammoth came to be known as Tuskers. Exact replicas of the fossils found can be seen at Southeast Regional Library in Gilbert.