GENERAL RENTAL RULES
- Gilbert recreation facilities are available for private reservation by individuals or organizations for recreation purposes only. Any money raising activities including admission fees, merchandise, and/or food and beverage sales in the building or on the building grounds must be approved by a Gilbert Parks and Recreation designee. At no time shall reserving party sublease or assign its lease to another group or organization.
- All persons or organizations reserving a space must abide by all facility and municipal rules and regulations. Any violation may result in removal from the facility and a forfeiture of security deposit.
- Events can be held Monday-Sunday between 7am-midnight, subject to availability. Buildings must be vacated by midnight.
- Payment in full is due at the time of the reservation including a refundable $100 security deposit. Overage, cleaning and damage charges will be deducted from the security deposit. Permit holder is responsible for any fees incurred over the collected deposit.
- Reservations must be made by an individual 18 years of age or older. The permit holder must be present during the entire reservation unless prior approval has been granted by a Gilbert Parks and Recreation designee, in which case a designated alternate must be provided.
- The permit holder is responsible for the actions of their guests and hired services.
- Reservations that consist of minors (under 18 years of age) must provide adult supervision with no less than one chaperone per twelve minors present during use of Town recreation facilities. Loitering in the lobby or community area(s) is not permitted.
- Smoking of any kind is prohibited at facility entrances and inside the building. Designated smoking areas are provided 25 feet from the main entrance.
- Reservation hours must include table & chair set-up, delivery of event related supplies and equipment, decorating, clean-up and table & chair tear down and must take place as a continuous block of time. Entrance into the event space is not permitted before time listed on the permit. Storage at the facility for event supplies/equipment is not permitted.
- Permit holder is responsible for completing their rental within the reservation time frame and must vacate the facility along with their guests. Any extension of time for set-up, clean-up, tear down and/or damages incurred will result in additional charges to the permit holder as stated in the Parks and Recreation fee schedule to include staffing fees when applicable. Overage charges incur in 15-minute intervals.
- Refunds will not be given if the reservation ends prior to the scheduled block of time.
- For your safety, renting party shall not exceed room capacity limits. Emergency lighting must remain on and all emergency exits must always remain clear.
- Only service animals are permitted inside the facility. Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Animals whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Renters may not display promotional signage regarding their event(s) within Town facilities.
- Facilities are multi-use facilities and may have other activities and events occurring at the same time as your event.
In the event of a cancellation, the credit/refund policy is as follows:
- Cancellations requested with a minimum of 30 days’ notice prior to event date will be credited/refunded 100% of rental fees.
- Cancellations requested between 30 days to two weeks prior to event date will receive 50% of the rental fees.
- Cancellations requested with less than two weeks’ notice prior to the event date will not receive a credit or refund.
ROOM SET-UP, DECORATIONS & CLEAN-UP
- Permit holder is responsible for setting up and taking down tables and chairs and returning them to racks during their reservation time, unless payment was received for Set-Up and/or Tear-Down. Due to limited number of tables, chairs and other rental equipment, permit holder should make requests for these items in advance.
- Tables used for food service or messy activities are required to be covered. Table coverings are not provided by recreation facilities.
- Facility tables and chairs may not be taken outdoors. If utilizing outdoor space, permit holder may bring in tables and chairs to be designated for outdoor use only. To prolong the life of the facility flooring, furniture brought in by the permit holder or their party is not permitted inside of the facility at any time.
- Non-marking adhesive strips/hooks, magnets, and/or painter’s masking tape can be used on walls, tables, and glass surfaces for decorating purposes. Other adhesives (duct/scotch tape), glue, nails, screws, staples, tacks, or any other fastening device which may deface or leave a residue are prohibited. Decorations may not be attached to floors, ceilings or doors. All decorations, including balloons, must be removed after event. A charge may be assessed for any damages, including adhesive residue.
- The permit holder must provide own ladder, tape, scissors, or other equipment needed to decorate reserved room(s).
- Our facility rooms are used for multi-functioning purposes. Facility room décor and amenities will remain in rented room(s).
- Decorations provided by permit holder must remain within rented room(s). Public areas such as hallways, entrances, lobby space, etc. are to be kept free and clear of decorations.
- The use of candles, sparklers, open flames and smoke/fog machines are not permitted. Birthday candles are acceptable.
- No birdseed, rice, glitter, tinsel, silly string, or confetti-like items may be used in or around the facility.
- The permit holder is responsible for leaving the room(s) in the same condition it was found. Tables and chairs should be wiped down and stacked on racks; floors may need to be swept, vacuumed and/or mopped. Decorations must be removed from tables, walls and glass. All garbage must be bagged, tied and placed in trash receptacles. Facility staff will provide cleaning supplies to ensure proper clean-up and remove trash bags from facility.
- If paid Clean-Up and Tear Down fees are applied then the facility staff will wipe down and put away tables and chairs, along with trash removal and general maintenance of the space. This fee is not intended to cover excessive wear & tear or deep cleaning. Guests are expected to treat their space with respect and care. The permit holder will need to remove any decorations, personal items or outside equipment and place trash in the trash receptacles provided. Additional fees may be charged for excessive cleaning if deemed necessary.
- At the end of the reservation time the permit holder will conduct a thorough post inspection with staff to review the condition of the reserved room(s) and facility equipment and sign an END OF RENTAL FORM.
OUTSIDE FOOD, CATERING & ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
- Outside food and drinks can be brought in by the rental party at no additional charge but must remain in the rented rooms only.
- Chaffing dishes and Sterno cans are permitted to heat items with water, not oil. Cans must be raised off the table.
- Catering services and food trucks are permitted at all locations. A Certificate of Liability Insurance naming the Town of Gilbert as Additionally Insured may be required. Food trucks must remain in designated approved parking area. Food carts must remain in designated approved outdoor space.
- Food and beverage services are limited to event guests. Rental party, caterers and food trucks must provide their own operational supplies; i.e. electrical cords, towels, paper products, utensils, etc.
- On-site cooking and/or grilling is not permitted inside or outside of the facility unless performed within an approved food truck. No freezer or refrigeration is available.
- Popcorn machines are permitted for outdoor use only.
- All groups wishing to have beer and wine beverages (including champagne) must complete and submit a Beer and Wine Consumption Permit Application to the Gilbert Parks and Recreation office 30 days prior to the rental date. A non-refundable beer and wine permit fee of $50 and a refundable security/cleaning deposit of $100 per rental is required. Facility rental and personnel fees may also apply. Rates vary based on specific facility requests. Fees will be collected for the beer and wine permit once the application is approved.
- Only beer, wine, and champagne are permitted. No other types of alcohol are permitted, including any type of mixed drinks.
- Insurance will be required from all groups requesting to have beer and wine. General liability coverage in the amount of $1 million each occurrence combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage liabilities and $2 million aggregate is required. The Town of Gilbert must be named as additional insured under this policy of insurance. Certificates of insurance must be submitted 14 days prior to the rental date.
- The permit holder must contact Off-Duty Management to schedule an off-duty Gilbert police officer(s) for the rental. Officers must be scheduled and paid 14 days prior to the rental date. Confirmation from Off-Duty Management must be received by Gilbert Parks and Recreation Department 7 days prior to the rental, or beer and wine will not be permitted. The cost for off-duty officers is $66.00 per hour per officer. Officers must be on site from the time beer and wine arrives to event site until the reservation concludes and the rental party has left the premises. The minimum police officer requirement for rentals serving beer and wine is one officer per 250 people, scheduled for a minimum of three hours each.
DELIVERIES, EQUIPMENT & CONTRACTED VENDORS
- Parks and Recreation facilities receive heavy public use and are therefore unable to accept early delivery or late pick-up of event related supplies. Supplies and equipment must be received and removed by rental party during times outlined on permit.
- The Town of Gilbert is not responsible for any damage or theft of any event related supplies provided by the renting party or hired services.
- Inflatable bouncers, slides, etc. are not permitted in indoor facilities.
- Additional rental equipment may be permitted upon approval from the reserved facility; i.e. stage, DJ, lighting, etc. Please make requests for equipment in advance. A Certificate of Liability Insurance naming the Town of Gilbert as Additionally Insured may be required.
- Music and video capability are available in select rental spaces. Adapters may be available, though it is recommended permit holders bring their own to ensure compatibility. Outside equipment is permitted at no additional charge. It is recommended to test audio visual/laptop connections prior to event during facility business hours; call ahead to schedule.
RENTAL STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES
Rental staff will be on-site for the duration of the reservation to ensure rental party’s needs are met. Their primary duties include:
- Ensure reserved space is prepared according to specifications prior to renting party’s arrival and grant access at start of the reservation.
- Review the rental permit and renter responsibilities then conduct a room inspection with permit holder upon check-in.
- Maintain restrooms and ensure they are stocked and clean throughout event. Monitor trash receptacles and empty as needed.
- Answer questions and troubleshoot rental related issues. Based on availability, provide additional equipment as needed; i.e. tables, chairs, trashcans, etc.
- Enforce Facility and Rental Rules & Regulations.
- Provide courtesy time warning prior to reservation end time stated on the rental confirmation (per the permit holder’s request).
- Provide necessary supplies to ensure proper clean-up of reserved room(s) and facility equipment.
- Conduct a thorough post inspection of reserved room(s) and facility equipment then have permit holder sign END OF RENTAL FORM. Copy will be provided to permit holder.