This course is offered as a great way to introduce youth to the Lifeguard position as a job choice. It is designed for youth 12-17 years of age who would like to work as a certified lifeguard by are too young or have not taken the required training courses. This is an introductory program which prepares students for real lifeguard duties - pool supervision, CPR, first aid, facility maintenance, and assisting with pool programs such as swim lessons, swim meets, and interacting with the public.
The experience gained in this class will encourage a participant to continue with their education and training in the future to become a certified lifeguard. Junior Lifeguard will include rule enforcement, CPR and First Aid demonstrations, various rescue scenarios, and strenuous physical training including daily swimming lap requirements, push ups, and sit ups.
- Register online at www.gilbertrecreation.com.
June 1 | 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM | Williams Field Pool
June 6 | 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM | Williams Field Pool
- Runs June 1 - July 18
- Meets 1-2 times weekly, Monday-Saturday, day or evening.
- After orientation, participants will be assigned to a pool closest to where they live.
- After orientation, a sign-up schedule and meeting dates will be provided to participants.
- Attendance at all activities or trainings is not mandatory, but encouraged.