Are you ready ? Have a 72 hour Kit!
Plan ahead and be prepared. Kits should include supplies that will assist you to make it on your own for at least 3 days. Go to the American Red Cross website and www.Ready.gov for more information about building 72 hour kits.
Supplies recommended to have in your 72 hour kit include:
- Water – 1 gallon per person per day.
- Food – at least a 3 day supply of non-perishable food
- First Aid Kit
- AM/FM Radio with batteries
- Tools such as a flashlight, wrench or pliers, whistle, and a pocket knife.
- Special family items like medication, formula, pet food, and important family documents.
You should also consider having in your vehicle an emergency kit. Recommended supplies to include in your vehicle emergency kits include:
- Bottled water
- High energy non-perishable food
- AM/FM radio and flashlight with batteries
- Fire extinguisher (ABC Type)
- Flares/booster cables
Gilbert has been recognized by NOAA's National WeatherService for completing a set of important criteria to earn a national "StormReady" certificaiton. The StormReady program was designed by the National Weather Service to encourage counties and communities to better prepare for the effects of extreme weather. This acheivement is an important part of our overall Emergency Prepardness Program.