Gilbert's Emergency Management program is responsible to reduce our vulnerabilities to hazards and build an efficient capacity to mitigate against, prepare for, respond to, and recover from large scale emergencies and disasters; for the purpose of saving lives and preventing property damage. We utilize a whole community approach and seek to promote a safer less vulnerable community.
- Prescribed Burn Update on Fort Apache Indian Reservation10/20/2016 1:15 PM
The Bureau of Indian Affairs Fort Apache Agency Fire Management in coordination with the White Mountain Apache Tribe began prescribed burn operations on Monday, October 17, 2016 within several burn units on the Fort Apache Indian Reservation.
- Grand Canyon National Park Fire Managers Plan Prescribed Burns on North Rim10/18/2016 12:02 PM
Fire managers at Grand Canyon National Park anticipate initiating two prescribed burns on the North Rim this week as weather and fuel moisture conditions allow.
- Lakeside Ranger District burning 600 acres south of Vernon10/17/2016 10:16 AM
The Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests’ Lakeside Ranger District will be conducting a 600 acre prescribed burn within the Goodman unit of the Los Burros broadcast burn area, south of Vernon beginning October 19, weather dependent.
The Goodman Unit is about two miles south of Vernon, along Apache County Road 3140. The burn is surrounded by Forest Service Road 2, Apache County Road 3140 and hand or dozer lines. The legal description is: T9N, R25E Sections 3, 4, 5 and 9, T10N, R25E, Sections 33 and 34.
- Kaibab National Forest Prescribed Burn to begin Oct. 1810/15/2016 7:05 PM
North Zone fire managers on the North Kaibab Ranger District of the Kaibab National Forest and the North Rim of Grand Canyon National Park plan to conduct additional hazardous fuels reduction treatments within the Tipover East prescribed fire burn unit as early as Tuesday.
- Prescribed burns near Flagstaff starting October 17th to produce noticeable smoke plumes close to town10/14/2016 12:14 PM
Fire managers are planning several prescribed burn projects next week, likely starting Monday (Oct. 17). These prescribed burns are conducted in order to help protect communities from severe wildfires by reducing forest fuel accumulation in strategic areas around northern Arizona communities, and also reintroduce fire into the Ponderosa pine ecosystem for restoration purposes.
- Prescribed Burn Planned on the Bradshaw Ranger District October 17th - October 21st10/14/2016 8:53 AM
Fire managers on the Bradshaw Ranger District are planning to continue fall prescribed burning on the Bradshaw and Chino Valley Ranger Districts, Monday October 17th through Friday, October 21st; weather conditions permitting.
- Prescribed burning planned on Springerville Ranger District 10/14/2016 7:46 AM
The Springerville Ranger District on the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests is planning to conduct prescribed fire operations next week. The district plans to burn approximately 1,830 acres on the Garris East Unit, southeast of Vernon.
- Temporary power outage scheduled along Kachina Trail10/13/2016 4:10 PM
Power along Kachina Trail in Kachina Village, AZ will be interrupted starting at 12:00 a.m., Oct. 14, 2016.
Power will be interrupted due to Arizona Public Service (APS) crews repairing a damaged utility line. The power outage, which will affect approximately 250 Kachina Trail properties between Bear Howard and Canyon Loop, is scheduled to run from 12:00 a.m. - 4:00 a.m., Friday, Oct. 14.
- Kaibab National Forest prescribed fire projects to begin Oct. 13 on the Williams Ranger District10/12/2016 9:52 AM
Fire managers with the Williams Ranger District of the Kaibab National Forest plan to conduct two large prescribed fire projects over the next two weeks beginning tomorrow south of Williams and then moving to Pitman Valley west of Parks.
- Prescribed Burn Planned on the Bradshaw Ranger District Oct 8 – 1410/12/2016 9:42 AM
Fire managers on the Bradshaw Ranger District are planning to burn near the community of Groom Creek, Saturday, October 8th through Friday, October 14th; weather conditions permitting.