Last updated 4/5/17
On May 4, 2017, the Town of Gilbert will conduct a public auction to identify the highest bidder for cash for parcel 304-58-935, containing 38.24 acres, more or less.
After conclusion of the auction, the highest bidder will be announced. On May 18, 2017, the Gilbert Town Council will consider whether to approve a Purchase Contract with the highest bidder for cash. The Gilbert Town Council has the sole discretion to award the Purchase Contract and reserves the right to reject any and all bids, per A.R.S. Section 9-403.
Additional information is included below regarding the parcel, the auction and process.
- March 2, 2017 Council Agenda Packet, Item #11, authorizing staff to conduct auction
- Public Auction Notice
- Form of Purchase Contract, updated April 4, 2017 (see pre-auction conference questions for more information)
- Ordinance No. 2573
- Legal description of parcel 304-58-935
- Marketing Flyer
- Gilbert Zoning Map
- Video of Parcel Available
- March 21, 2017 Pre-Auction Conference Agenda
- March 21, 2017 Pre-Auction Transcription
- March 21, 2017 Pre-Auction Conference and Email Q & A
- ALTA Survey
- Preliminary Geotechnical Survey
- Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment
- Note: The preliminary geotechnical survey and phase 1 environmental documents include parcels 304-58-935 and 304-58-934. The ALTA survey contains parcels 304-58-936, 304-58-935, and 304-58-934. As described in all auction materials, 304-58-935 is the only parcel being offered at auction on May 4, 2017. All documents provided are for informational purposes only.
- Title Report
An approximate timeline is as follows:
|March 6, 2017
||Post auction notice, legal description, form of purchase contract and other auction information to Gilbert website
|March 8, 2017||Begin advertisement in local newspaper per A.R.S. section 39-204|
|March 21, 2017||
Deadline for Town to receive questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or at pre-auction conference from prospective bidders
|April 4, 2017||Town to post answers to questions received via email and at pre-auction conference, along with an ALTA survey of the parcel, geotechnical survey, and environmental phase 1 to Gilbert website
|April 4-28, 2017||Prospective bidders may contact Mary Vinzant at (480) 503-6756 to schedule an inspection of the property, which may include soils testing. Note: Any such inspections must be scheduled at least 5 days prior to entering the property, and will require a signed Right of Entry, provided by the Town, between the prospective bidder and the current lessee|
|May 4, 2017||Town staff to conduct auction for parcel 304-58-935 in Council Chambers|
|May 18, 2017||Town staff to present Council with highest bidder for cash and proposed purchase contract|
Questions were accepted via the pre-auction conference on March 21, 2017 in Conference Room 300 at 50 E. Civic Center Drive, Gilbert, AZ, 85296, or via email prior to March 21, 2017 at 6 p.m. This period is now closed, and questions regarding the auction and parcel will no longer be accepted.
The last date any content was posted is indicated by the "Last updated" date in the header of this site. The site will be considered complete two weeks prior to the auction, or April 20, 2017.