Welcome to the Town of Gilbert Development Services Division's new Electronic Plan (E-Plan) Review submission and review process. The rich built-in capabilities of the Bluebeam software will allow for secure collaboration and mark-up of plans. It will also streamline the review process and improve communications and review accuracy. The new process increases cost savings by reducing printing/paper/delivery costs, cuts staff time to assemble plans and serves as a more efficient tool for the communication of corrections and revisions, and it's Green!
- Submit an Electronic Application Form.
- Applicant will be notified of review fees once an application has been submitted and a representative from the town verifies the information.
- Review fees must be paid at this point via cash, check (payable to the "Town of Gilbert") or an established Town of Gilbert ACH Wire Transfer. Once fees are received, the plan review will proceed.
- PDF versions of plans will be uploaded to an available FTP site. Utilizing on-screen comment and markup with Bluebeam software, Town plan reviewers can now simultaneously do an E-Plan review within the typical timeframe. After review has been completed, plan reviewers will upload redlines onto FTP site for applicant to download. Applicant will be notified through e-mail address indicated on the Application.
- The customer can then re-send their revised plans back to the FTP site to begin the next round of review. Once all reviews are complete and approved by reviewers, the PDF will be electronically stamped "approved" and will be available for download from FTP site after all remaining fees have been paid.
Building Application & FormsPlease read the Review Submittal Guidelines first to insure your submittal complies.
- Construction Permit - ePlan Application
- Commercial - New Submittal Checklist
- Commercial - Misc Submittal Checklist
- Residential - New Submittal Checklist
- Residential - Misc Submittal Checklist
- Development Services Fee Schedule
Engineering Application & Forms
- Engineering - Plan Review Submittal Form
- Engineering - Final Plat Application
- Engineering - Utility Company Construction Permit
- Engineering Submittal Checklist (On-Site)
- Engineering Checklist (Offsite)
Advantages of the electronic plan review process:
Time Efficiency & Cost Savings BIG part of Plan Review Cycle.
- Town Efficiency - route, store and archive submittal data, ease of access Internal/External staff time.
- Customer Efficiency - eliminating the need for multiple copies of plan documents and travel.
Increased Clarity of Review Comments.
- Putting our comments right on the drawing - eliminates confusion caused by comments that are not properly referenced back to a specific location on the plans.
- Each Plan Reviewer marks up their comments directly onto your submitted EPlans - gives you the advantage of clearer, easy-to-read comments for quicker response time.
Costs for Applicants.
- "Time is Money" is a true axiom - save costs on shipping, plotting and the carrying cost of money on the overall project as we speed up the overall timeline.
Lower Shipping Costs.
- Dramatically reduces time and money - Especially for a typically large project, going paperless dramatically reduces the need for storage, shipping costs and the extra hours paid to staff members for filing.