Coronavirus COVID-19 Notice
In accordance with Arizona Supreme Court Administrative Order 2020-79 (replaces 2020-75) the Court resumed most court operations on June 1, 2020. All services are subject to temporary mitigation measures designed to protect our patrons and team members to the greatest extent possible. Please note than many court services can be handled online, by phone or by mail. The Court's operational hours and contact information are noted below.
Some important things to note:
1. Effective June 1, 2020, everyone entering the court facility is required to wear at least a cloth mask while in the court facility. Exceptions to accommodate health concerns will be considered on a case by case basis.
2. Effective June 1, 2020, everyone entering the court facility must participate in a brief health screening provided by the Arizona Supreme Court. No specific health information will be recorded.
3. If you feel ill DO NOT come to court. Call us at the number below and one of our team members will assist you.
4. If you believe that you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 DO NOT come to court. Call us at the number below and one of our team members will assist you.
5. If you are concerned about coming to court as a result of this health emergency call us at the number below and one of our team members will assist you.
6. We recommend arriving at the court facility at least 30 minutes early to give yourself ample time to pass through security and check in with our court services team.
7. If you can we strongly encourage you to leave small children with a care giver and to refrain from bringing additional people to court with you.
Hours: Monday - Thursday, 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM, excluding Holidays
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTICES!
Due to COVID-19 mitigations efforts that may limit access to our courtrooms if you would like a digital audio copy of a proceeding occurring in our court free of charge please contact us at (480) 635-7800 and speak to one of our team members.
Debido a los esfuerzos que estamos haciendo para mitigar el COVID-19 limitando el acceso a nuestras salas, si desea una copia digital gratis del audio de un proceso judicial que ocurre en nuestro tribunal por favor comuníquese al (480) 635-7800 y hable con uno de los miembros de nuestro equipo.
Open Civil Traffic Court held will not he held until further notice. If you would like to ask the court for more time to complete defensive driving school you can file an E-Motion. Look for the envelope link below.
Jury Trials will not proceed until August 4, 2020, at the earliest.
If you are in need of an Order of Protection and have access to the internet we strongly encourage you to complete your Petition for and Order of Protection via https://azpoint.azcourts.gov/ . Contact us with the HELP ME BUTTON or at (480) 635-7800 and we will arrange a hearing by telephone.
The Gilbert Municipal Court is a Court of limited jurisdiction operating within the Arizona Court System. We are committed to delivering superior justice services to all persons by disposing cases in a just & timely manner while maintaining the integrity of the Judicial Branch of government.
The Gilbert Municipal Court handles the following types of cases:
- Misdemeanor criminal offenses, such as Driving Under the Influence, Shoplifting, Assault, Disorderly Conduct, Dog at Large, municipal code violations and commercial vehicle violations; and
- Protective orders, such as Orders of Protection and Injunctions Against Harassment; Follow this link to multi-lingual forms ; and
- Civil traffic violations, such as Speeding, No Insurance, Seatbelt violations, Improper Turns, and Child Restraint violation and Municipal Code and Land Development Code Violations
- Looking for the Highland Justice Court? (located in our facility)
- Curious about our Financial Policies ? Politica Sobre Finanza ?
|Find a Case
We are committed to promoting an accessible and professional environment.
Access to Justice
The Gilbert Municipal Court is committed to providing access to justice services to everyone regardless of origin or disability. If you require an accommodation due to disability please select the ADA link below or call the court at (480) 635-7800 for more information. Hearing impaired? Dial 711 for telephone relay service.
Acceso a la Justicia
El Tribunal Municipal de Gilbert se ha comprometido a facilitar el acceso a sus servicios judiciales a toda persona, independientemente de su origen o discapacidad. Si usted requiere una adaptación por incapacidad por favor llame al Tribunal al (480) 635-7800, o escríbanos a: Gilbert Municipal Court, 55 E. Civic Center Dr., Gilbert, AZ 85296 o dígale a cualquiera de nuestro personal en persona. Además, los perros de asistencia son bienvenidos en el tribunal. También se proporciona asistencia lingüística. Siga estos enlaces para ver nuestro Plan de Acceso Lingüístico y el Formulario de Queja del Plan de Acceso Lingüístico.
Ordered to Pay Fines, Fees & Restitution?
If you are required to pay fines, penalties, fees or other financial obligations as a result of a judgment of this court and you are unable to pay, bring this information to the attention of court staff or the judge because payments over time or other alternatives may be available. Do not ignore your responsibility to pay, as this may result in additional penalties and costs to you. For more information, contact the court or an attorney.
¿Ordenado para pagar multas, honorarios y restitución?
Si a usted se le exige pagar multas, sanciones, cuotas u otras obligaciones económicas como resultado de una sentencia en este tribunal y no puede pagarlas, avíseles o al personal del tribunal o al juez de su situación porque puede ser posible pagar a plazos o puede existir otra opción. No haga caso omiso de su responsabilidad de pagar, el cual le podría generar nuevas sanciones y costas. Para obtener más información, póngase en contacto con el tribunal o un abogado.
Attorneys & self-represented litigants, want to file an E motion with the court using email? Select the mail icon above and submit your motion. Be sure to include your name, case number and contact information, including a working telephone number and mailing address, along with your written motion attached to the email.
Are you a Veteran facing criminal charges?
The East Valley Regional Veterans' Court may be for you.
Suspended by the Gilbert Municipal Court?
Did you know it may be possible to get back on the road again and on a reasonable monthly payment plan with a minimal fee? Give us a call at (480) 635-7800 and ask us how to get back on the road again.
Questions about how the court works or what to expect?
Looking for more forms or want to learn more about the Arizona Judiciary?
Interested in Domestic Violence related FAQs?
Gilbert is committed to ending domestic violence in our community.
Complete a Petition for an Order of Protection Online
Petitioners for protective orders are encouraged to report to the Court's Service Counter no later than 4:00 pm to avoid delays in seeing a judge.
Do you have financial obligations in other Arizona Courts? www.azcourtpay.com