Throughout the year we use Gilbert 311 to report issues or request services, but this holiday season we’re mixing things up and using it to spread holiday cheer!
Gilbert 311 is teaming up with Alex, Gilbert’s Data Librarian, to create a holiday lights map featuring festive homes and businesses throughout the community. Help us crowd-source holiday lights by adding your home/business or encouraging your neighbors and friends to submit their locations.
Here’s how to submit your house or business to the holiday lights map:
- If you’re already a Gilbert 311 user, simply sign into your account. If you are not yet a user, download the app now. Residents can also submit here or below!
- In the app, click the “+” button
- Upload a photo of your display
- Select the “Holiday Lights Map” category
- Answer a few quick questions and submit
Let Alex help you plan your holiday lights viewing route!
Enter to Win a Gilbert Ornament!
Submitting or visiting a location on the holiday lights map? Enter to win a limited edition Gilbert Holiday Lights Ornament from December 1st to December 20th, via one of the following ways:
- Submit your holiday lights photo in Gilbert 311 and we’ll randomly select three winners. Please note that you must have a registered Gilbert 311 account to win.
- Visit one of the listed displays, take a photo, and share a photo on Instagram and tag #GilbertHolidayLights and @GilbertYourTown.
Winners will randomly selected and announced on a weekly basis.
Questions? Contact us at Gilbert.Digital@gilbertaz.gov. Thanks for helping us spread holiday cheer throughout Gilbert!
This contest is not affiliated with Instagram in any way.
Gilbert reserves the right to remove submissions that contain content deemed inappropriate, which can include, but is not limited to, violent, racist, dangerous or sexual content.
By submitting a photo: I attest I am the owner of the property shown on the photo; I acknowledge I have the right to submit this photo for Gilbert’s Crowd-sourced Holiday Lights Map and for public display and distribution across digital media channels; I further acknowledge that said photo does not violate any person’s privacy and does not contain confidential information or a minor child; I agree to grant all rights to said photo to Gilbert and to the general public; I release Gilbert from and against any and all claims relating to the photo and waive any and all rights to recover any monetary compensation related to the photo; I understand that my submission will likely result in people visiting my property and agree that Gilbert shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.