It's almost here!
The 2020 Census begins April 1st.
For the first time in history, the U.S. Census is available online. Your participation in the 2020 Census will shape Gilbert's future for years to come. For every Arizonan counted, the state receives $2,959 for schools, roads, emergency services, hospitals and other programs. Help Gilbert get an accurate count and its fair share of the pie.
- By phone
- By mail
5 Things to Know About the 2020 Census
- For the first time in history, you can take it online.
- It helps determine how $675 billion will be distributed nationwide and how many seats each state receives in the House of Representatives.
- The funds are used for emergency services, schools, hospitals, roads and more.
- The information collected by the U.S. Census Bureau is safe and protected.
- Count every living person in your home as of April 1st, no matter their age.
What Will Be Asked?
The Census will ask questions regarding age, sex, and the number of people per household, including children. View a sample questionnaire.
We get one chance every ten years to get this right. Let's make it count.