Do you have a problem that you need solved or an issue that should be fixed?
Click here to report an issue or request a service!
Use Gilbert 311 to report issues or request Gilbert services such as:
You can also use Gilbert 311 to
How does Gilbert 311 work?
When a request is submitted, we will acknowledge and direct the issue to the appropriate department to take care of the request. If you submitted your email address, you will receive email updates on the status of your request. You can also check the status of the issue on the website.
If this is an emergency, please dial 911.
For non-emergency issues that need immediate attention, please contact our Customer Care Center. Operating hours are Monday - Thursday 7am - 6pm at 480-503-6800; all other times, please call the Gilbert Police Department non-emergency line at 480-503-6500.
Repair Trash/Recycle Container
- Departments:Public Works
- Phone:(480) 503-6400
- Description Broken container? Request a repair online.
Please refer to the map below to determine your repair schedule.
If containers are emptied on: MONDAY
Then place container at curb or regular service location on the next WEDNESDAY or FRIDAY, whichever comes first.
If containers are emptied on: TUESDAY
Then place container at curb or regular service location on the next MONDAY or THURSDAY, whichever comes first.
If containers are emptied on: Wednesday
Then place container at curb or regular service location on the next TUESDAY or FRIDAY, whichever comes first.
If containers are emptied on: Thursday
Then place container at curb or regular service location on the next MONDAY or WEDNESDAY, whichever comes first.
If containers are emptied on: FRIDAY
Then place container at curb or regular service location on the next TUESDAY or THURSDAY, whichever comes first.
For missing or lost containers, please call (480) 503-6400.
For container repair, please submit one online request per container.
*Repair requests must be submitted by 4PM the day before your zone's repair day.
PLEASE NOTE: CONTAINER MAINTENANCE DOES NOT INCLUDE CLEANING.
Maintaining the cleanliness of trash and recycle containers is the responsibility of the resident and is not a service provided by the Town.
Here are some simple ways to keep your containers clean:
- Always bag and tie all waste before it goes in your trash container.
- Keep the lid closed at all times.
- Regularly wash out your trash container.
- Place only clean, dry recyclables in your recycle container.
Washing out your trash container may seem intimidating or gross but it can be a very simple process.
You will need:
- Hose with a high pressure nozzle, or garden sprayer on “jet”
- Your favorite natural household cleaner
- Large scrub brush (optional)
Follow these 5 quick steps to a cleaner can:
- Take the container to an area where the water and cleaning solution will not run into the street.
- Lay the container on its side and spray out the inside with a high pressure hose. Try to spray off any stuck on debris.
- Stand the container back up. Add the appropriate amount of your household cleaner of choice and spray in more water, until the container is about ¼ full. Allow the mixture to soak for a bit, and then use your scrub brush to scrub off any remaining debris.
- When the container seems sufficiently clean, carefully and slowly tip the container to allow the solution to pour out into the yard. Take special care not to allow any solution into the street where it could contaminate the storm drain system.
- Spray the container out one last time with your high pressure hose. Leave the container empty with the lid open for about 24 hours to allow for the inside to dry.