The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality has issued a PM-10 and an Ozone High Pollution Advisory through July 4, 2014.
This HPA includes the following restrictions:
• Contractors cannot use leaf blowers on governmental properties on HPA days.
• Open burning and woodburning fireplace activity is restricted in Maricopa County. This includes individuals and businesses which have burn permits for open burning.
• Eliminate wood burning in fireplaces, stoves, chimineas and outdoor fire pits.
• Drive as little as possible: car pool, use public transit or telecommute. For information on transportation alternatives, visit www.ValleyMetro.org.
• Avoid using leaf blowers.
• Reduce your time waiting in long drive-thru lines. For example, at coffee shops, fast-food restaurants or banks. Park your car and go inside.
• Fuel your vehicle after dark or during cooler evening hours.
• Use low-VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) or water-based paints, stains, finishes and paint strippers.
• Delay big painting projects until high-pollution advisories or health watches have passed.
• Make sure containers of household cleaners, garage and yard chemicals and other solvents are sealed properly to prevent vapors from evaporating into the air.
• Conserve electricity.
For more information, visit www.CleanAirMakeMore.com.