UPDATE: Gilbert Impacts in Accordance with Governor Ducey's June 29th Executive Order
Gilbert, Ariz. (Updated 6/30/2020 at 5:45 PM) - Beginning Monday, June 29th at 8 PM, the following modifications will be implemented to Gilbert events, programs and facilities in accordance with Governor Ducey’s Executive Order 2020-43.
The following modifications will remain in place until July 27th, 2020, unless extended:
- Gilbert Centennial 4th of July Celebration
- The Gilbert Centennial 4th of July Celebration event is canceled.
- Public Meetings
- Gilbert public meetings will move to a virtual-only format through July 27th, including the Planning Commission Meeting scheduled for July 1st at 5 PM. The public will be able to fully participate in these public meetings remotely through any of the various technological means identified, as permitted by Arizona law. Learn more.
- Recreation Centers (Freestone Recreation Center, McQueen Park Activity Center and Gilbert Community Center):
- All recreation centers are closed unless you are a participant in a registered activity.
- Cactus Yards:
- Tournaments will be modified through July 27th to limit patrons and allow for physical distancing.
- The facility is open for participants in a registered activity, or to use park amenities with continued physical distancing modifications previously implemented.
- All Gilbert community pools will have reduced capacity to 25%.
- Registered activities, such as swimming lessons, will continue with physical distancing modifications previously implemented.
- Rentals will continue with physical distancing and capacity modifications previously implemented. Max capacity for any indoor or outdoor rental is 50 people unless otherwise stated.
- No more than 50 people, including players, staff, and spectators, are allowed to congregate at an organized event, game or practice.
- Nothing in the executive order shall inhibit a person from engaging in constitutionally protected activities such as speech and religion, and any legal or court process provided that such is conducted in a manner that provides appropriate physical distancing to the extent feasible
View the full Executive Order HERE.