Gilbert Begins Phased Reopening of Park Amenities Friday, May 15th
Gilbert, Ariz. - Governor Ducey’s statewide Stay At Home executive order will expire on Friday, May 15th. A new executive order, ‘Stay Healthy, Return Smarter, Return Stronger’ goes into effect on Saturday, May 16th, and focuses on continued physical distancing, increased testing, new guidelines for businesses and more.
As Arizona continues its phased reopening, the following Gilbert facilities will reopen for residents to use at their own risk and own pace with physical distancing and CDC guidelines in mind:
- May 15th- Freestone Recreation Center, playgrounds, courts, and drinking fountains
- May 18th- McQueen Park Activity Center gymnasium
- May 22nd- Field, ramada, and room rentals
- May 23rd- Gilbert community pools
Limited usage and hours may apply for these facilities.
Get the full details ➡️ glbrt.is/FacilitySafety
Gilbert Parks and Recreation will be offering a limited number of summer programs, including swim lessons, that will still allow for physical distancing. Please note the following important dates:
- May 22nd- Program offerings released online
- May 26th- Registration begins for Gilbert Foundation Gold Members
- May 27th- Registration begins for Gilbert residents
- May 28th- Registration begins for non-residents
- June 8th- Classes start
Splash pads will remain closed until further notice. We are actively developing protocols that would facilitate the reopening of splash pads while still supporting physical distancing measures. Stay tuned.
Remember to stay home if you are not feeling well and wash your hands frequently. Help us to return stronger, Gilbert!