Gilbert News Brief: Week of November 12th
Hello Gilbert! Here are the top news and events you need to know for the week of November 12th:
- Initial election results are showing that Gilbert residents voted to approve Question one during the November 6th General Election which authorizes the additional funding needed to build a Public Safety Training Facility in Gilbert. Learn more at gilbertaz.gov/TrainingFacility.
- Don’t forget to join us this Saturday, November 17th at 8:30 AM for the annual Gilbert Days Parade! In addition to the parade, the Gilbert Half Marathon and 10K will also be happening. If you plan to be out and about that morning, please note that there are going to be multiple road restrictions and closures throughout the community until noon. Learn more and view the road restrictions map.
- Don’t miss your chance to provide feedback on the growth of Gilbert! Take the General Plan Survey at gilbertaz.gov/GeneralPlanUpdate. The survey closes this Sunday, November 18th.
- Did you know that you can report service requests like streetlight outages, potholes and missed trash pickup through a mobile app? Download Gilbert 311 today at gilbertaz.gov/311 to have city services at your fingertips!
- Other events this week include a joint Town Council and Planning Commission Meeting on Monday, November 13th at 5:00 PM, a Parks and Recreation Board Meeting on Monday, November 13th at 6:00 PM, a Town Council Joint Meeting with Gilbert Sister City Antrim-Newtonabbey, Northern Ireland on Thursday, November 15th at 9:00 AM, and the Gilbert Glow Run on Friday, November 16th at 6:00 PM.
Did you know that you can get your weekly Gilbert, Arizona news and events straight from your Amazon Echo device(s)? All you need to do is add the Gilbert News Flash Briefing Skill. Watch this video to learn how: