Gilbert News Brief: Week of November 5th
Hello Gilbert! Here are the top news and events you need to know for the week of November 5th:
- Looking for a way to honor our veterans? Join us this Thursday, November 8th at 11:00 AM at Gilbert’s Veterans Day Ceremony. Learn more at gilbertaz.gov/VeteransDay.
- Mark your calendar for the annual Gilbert Days Parade taking place Saturday, November 17th at 8:30 AM in the Heritage District. In addition to the parade, the Gilbert Half Marathon and 10K will also be happening. If you plan to be out and about that morning, please note that there’s going to multiple road restrictions and closures throughout the community until noon. Visit gilbertaz.gov/GilbertDays to find out more and view the road restrictions map.
- Did you know that 77% of the smoke alarm calls that Gilbert Fire & Rescue responded to in 2017 were false alarms? To reduce the chance of a false alarm going off in your house, don’t wait for your alarm to beep to give it the attention it needs. Clean your smoke detectors before turning on your heater for the first time this winter.
- Don’t forget to share your feedback on growth in our community by taking the General Plan Survey at gilbertaz.gov/GeneralPlanUpdate. The survey will be open through November 18th.
- Other events this week include a Planning Commission Meeting on Monday, November 5th at 5:00 PM, and a Concert Downtown on Thursday, November 8th at 6:30 PM at the Water Tower Plaza.
Did you know that you can get your weekly Gilbert, Arizona news and events straight from your Amazon Echo device(s)? All you need to do is add the Gilbert News Flash Briefing Skill. Watch this video to learn how: