Gilbert News Brief: Week of September 3rd
Here are the top news and events you need to know for the week of September 3:
- Gilbert’s municipal offices will be closed for Labor Day on Monday, September 3rd. Trash and recycling pickup will continue as scheduled.
- September is Hunger Action Month, and we need YOUR help to end hunger in Gilbert. The Gilbert Feeding Families team will be at the Gilbert Farmers Market this Saturday, September 8th collecting donations. Learn more about this community-wide food drive at www.gilbertaz.gov/feedingfamilies.
- You’re invited to join us for a 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony on Tuesday, September 11th at 6:00 PM at Gilbert’s 9/11 Memorial located in front of Gilbert Town Hall.
- In addition to the remembrance ceremony, Gilbert’s Water Tower will be lit up red, white and blue in tribute and remembrance of the lives lost on September 11, 2001, from Friday, September 7 – Wednesday, September 12th. Snap a photo and share it on social media using #LightUpGilbert.
- Want to learn more about Gilbert’s proposed Public Safety Training Facility? Join us on Wednesday, September 12 from 6:00-7:00 PM at the Southeast Regional Library to find out more about this project currently in design. Visit www.gilbertaz.gov/trainingfacility for more information.
- Events this week include a Planning Commission Meeting on Wednesday, September 5th at 5:00 PM and a Town Council Meeting on Thursday, September 6th at 6:30 PM.
Did you know that you can get your weekly Gilbert, Arizona news and events straight from your Amazon Echo device(s)? All you need to do is add the Gilbert News Flash Briefing Skill. Watch this video to learn how: