Gilbert News Brief: Week of August 27th
Hello Gilbert! Here are the top news and events you need to know for the week of August 27th:
- Gilbert will hold a Primary Election on Tuesday, August 28 for the purpose of electing four Council members. Polls will be open from 6AM – 7PM. To find your assigned polling location, visit the Maricopa County Recorder’s website at recorder.maricopa.gov/pollingplace.
- Plan on being in the Heritage District this weekend? Don’t miss Gilbert’s Water Tower, which will be lit up red, white and blue in recognition of Labor Day, from Thursday, August 30th – Monday, September 3rd. Snap a photo and share it on social media using #LightUpGilbert.
- Speaking of Labor Day… Gilbert’s municipal offices will be closed for the holiday on Monday, September 3rd. Trash and recycling pickup will continue as scheduled.
- September is Hunger Action Month, and we need YOUR help to end hunger in Gilbert. Gilbert Feeding Families is teaming up with the United Food Bank to collect cash and non-perishable food donations, which will go directly to Gilbert families in need. Learn more at gilbertaz.gov/feedingfamilies.
- Are you a junior high or high school teacher looking for coding opportunities for your students? Are you a student who knows how to code or wants to learn? Don’t miss your chance to register for SPARK Game Jam, a coding competition for Arizona junior high and high school students, taking place September 12-13, 2018. Learn more and register at sparkappleague.com.
Did you know that you can get your weekly Gilbert, Arizona news and events straight from your Amazon Echo device(s)? All you need to do is add the Gilbert News Flash Briefing Skill. Watch this video to learn how: