Hey Gilbert! Here are the top five news and events you need to know for the week of July 9th:
- Gilbert Fire and Rescue needs your help to collect school supplies for their Back to School Supply Drive. You can donate items at all municipal buildings, fire stations, Office Depot, Walgreens locations throughout Gilbert. Find more locations and information here.
- The Gilbert Town Council has reviewed the fiscal health of the community’s water, wastewater, reclaimed water, and environmental services utilities and determined that rate adjustments are needed to keep the funds balanced with expenses over the next few years. Learn more about how these changes will impact you at www.gilbertaz.gov/utilityrates.
- We need your input! Gilbert is developing an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Transition Plan which will include an ADA compliance review of Town programs, services, activities, and facilities. Take the ADA Transition Plan Public Access Survey to help us locate areas of most significant concern to you so that we can provide better access throughout our community. Want to learn more? Join us for a community meeting on Thursday, July 19 from 6:00-8:00 PM at the University Building in Gilbert’s Heritage District.
- Join the Gilbert Police Department for their Community Open House this Wednesday, July 11, 2018, from 5:00-6:30 PM in the amphitheater at their main station for your chance to hear from their School Resource Officers and police leadership.
- Meetings this week include the Parks and Recreation Board Meeting on Tuesday, July 10, 2018, at 6:00 PM and the Planning Commission Meeting Wednesday, July 11, 2018, at 5:00 PM.
Did you know that you can get your weekly Gilbert, Arizona news and events straight from your Amazon Echo device(s)? All you need to do is add the Gilbert News Flash Briefing Skill. Watch this video to learn how: