Help Name Two Future Parks
We need your help! Gilbert Parks and Recreation is currently working on building two new parks for the community – what we are currently referring to as Gilbert Regional Park and Rittenhouse Basin Park – and we need your help to give them official names!
You can submit your suggestions for either park online here.
Here’s more information about both parks:
Gilbert Regional Park
The park land currently referred to as “Gilbert Regional Park” will be a multi-use recreational area within the Chandler Heights Basin near Queen Creek and Higley Roads. This 272-acre park is scheduled to begin construction on Phase 1 in late summer/fall 2018 and will have a variety of amenities including an iconic playground, splash pad, and tennis and pickleball courts. Learn more about this park at www.gilbertaz.gov/gilbertregionalpark.
Rittenhouse District Park
The park land currently referred to as “Rittenhouse District Park” will be a multi-use recreational area within the Rittenhouse Basin located east of the Maricopa Floodway canal between Pecos and Williams Field Roads. The park, at build out (115 acres), will provide park amenities such as 16 multi-use lighted fields, a lake, playground and restrooms.
The following criteria may be considered in the park name selections:
- Geographic location (neighborhood, significant areas, etc.)
- Natural features (topography, views)
- A person (non-living) or group (When naming after a person or persons, the application shall describe the contributions made to Gilbert by the individual(s))
- Historical or cultural significance
- Planned purposed (functionality, purpose, vision)
- A person or organization of outstanding civic service
Have an idea? Submit your park name suggestion now! The park naming process will be open through May 10, 2018.