Chillin' With A Cop
- Date: 03/13/2018 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: The Nitro Live Icecreamery
884 West Warner Rd, Ste. B9
Gilbert, Arizona 85233
- Introduction: The Gilbert Police Department will be hosting a Chillin' With A Cop event at The Nitro Live Icecreamery. Police and community members can gather together in an informal setting to build relationships. The event will take place on March 13, 2018 from 3:00 PM till 5:00 PM (MST).
Gilbert, AZ - The Gilbert Police Department will be hosting a Chillin' With A Cop event at The Nitro Live Icecreamery. Police and community members can gather together in an informal setting to build relationships. The Nitro Live Icecreamery is located is at 884 West Warner Rd. Ste. B9 Gilbert, AZ 85233. The event will take place on March 13, 2018 from 3:00 PM till 5:00 PM (MST).
Please visit the Job Opportunities webpage to apply.
Below you will find an outline of the testing process. Please begin filling out the necessary forms and compiling the required paperwork sooner than later so you can be prepared.
Please follow our suite of social media platforms for the most up to date information. All imperative updates will be posted here as well.
Police Officer Recruitment Information
- Contact GPDRecruiting@GilbertAZ.Gov
- Call 480-503-6500 or 480-635-7400 and ask to speak to a member of the Hiring Unit.
- Automatic Disqualifiers
- Physical Agility Test
- Compensation & Benefits
- Our Philosophy
- Women in Policing
- Other Job Opportunities
- Carefully review the Automatic Disqualifiers section below to determine your eligibility.
- Complete the appropriate Police Recruit or Lateral Officer application and submit by the deadline AND Complete the AZ POST Statement of Personal History and the Authorization for Release, which will be collected upon successful completion of the physical agility test. *Please note that the linked form requires two (2) notary signatures.
- After submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you check your email spam folder. Do not apply more than one time.
- Dress professionally, arrive early, and bring picture identification with you.
Applicants who meet any of the following will be automatically disqualified by the Town of Gilbert and/or Arizona POST:
- Applicants must be 21 years of age by completion of the academy.
- Ability to obtain United States citizenship prior to being appointed or attending the police academy
- Conviction of a felony or any offense that would be a felony if committed in Arizona.
- Previous revocation or denial of AZ POST certified status, or suspension of current AZ POST certified status.
- Dishonorable discharge from the United States Armed Forces.
- Illegal sale, production, cultivation, or transport of marijuana for sale.
- Illegal possession or use of marijuana for any purpose within the past three years.
- Illegal use of marijuana other than for experimentation (see definition below).
- Illegal use of marijuana while employed or appointed as a peace officer.
- Illegal sale, production, cultivation, or transport for sale any dangerous drugs or narcotics.
- Illegal use of dangerous drugs or narcotics, other than marijuana, for any purpose more than five times in lifetime, no more than one time after the age of 21, and no use within the past seven years.
- Illegal use of dangerous drugs or narcotics other than for experimentation (see definition below).
- Used or consumed any product containing, or made using, edible marijuana or any marijuana derivative (including THC oil and/or the vaping of THC oil) in the last seven (7) years.
- Illegal possession or use of marijuana other than for experimentation.
- Pattern of illegal use of prescription medication.
- Misdemeanor domestic violence conviction involving the use or attempted use of force, or the threatened use of a deadly weapon.
- No more than one DUI conviction in a lifetime, and none within the past seven years.
- No more than eight driving points, or two or more at fault accidents within the previous 36 months.
The use of an illegal drug is presumed to be not for experimentation if:
- The use of marijuana exceeds a total of 20 times, or exceeds 5 times since the age of 21 years.
- The use of dangerous drugs or narcotics, other than marijuana, exceeds a total of five times in a lifetime, no more than one time after the age of 21, and no use within the past seven years.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the disqualifiers, please contact the GILBERT POLICE DEPARTMENT at 480-503-6500 and ask to speak to a Hiring Section Background Investigator.
Sit Ups: 36 (within 1 minute)
Push Ups: 20 (untimed)
1.5 Mile Run: 15:48 minutes
Here are some tips we recommend to help you succeed in taking the physical fitness test.
- Get a physician's exam prior to the test to identify any possible health issues. If you are more than 15 lb. overweight, we recommend that you talk to your doctor about your diet and consider trying to lose the extra weight. Explain your intentions to your doctor and ask for his/her honest opinion as to your general ability to do high stress exercises. Regardless of the answer, you will be better educated as to what your limitations are.
- Begin a fitness program as soon as possible. The program should include aerobic exercise, such as running or bicycling, as well as some light weight lifting to increase strength. If you're new to routine exercise, consult a fitness trainer for a routine that will help you achieve your goals. Before and after your workouts, spend extra time stretching out; flexibility is a key to doing well on these tests.
- The night prior to your test, eat a meal high in carbohydrates. Potatoes or pasta would be good examples. Avoid alcohol and caffeine, as they tend to dehydrate your body. Also, begin drinking water and over-hydrating your system. Many applicants suffer from dehydration because they forget this simple rule of life in the desert. Don't forget to bring water and fruit to the test for extra energy if you need it.
- Wear light fitness clothing. Supportive "sport type" undergarments are encouraged.
- Arrive at the test site early. This will give you extra time to warm up and stretch.
- You may also consider having a friend drive you to and from the test. Driving can be difficult and annoying when you're physically exhausted.
- Remember to bring your driver's license for proper identification.
- Finally, be friendly and encouraging to your co-applicants. Remember, good attitudes and teamwork go far in law enforcement.