GIVE: Volunteers make things happen
The Town of Gilbert has a number of opportunities for volunteer work. Listed below are current opportunities where you can help out and make things happen. Our volunteer motto is GIVE ("Gilbert Invites Volunteerism Everywhere").
Volunteers for ICMA 2012
The International City/County Management Association (ICMA) develops and advances professional local government management to create sustainable communities that improve quality of life worldwide. Hundreds of volunteers are needed to make this event a success.
Volunteers are needed for various shifts October 5-10, 2012. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and will be provided with a shirt to wear while volunteering. Assistance is needed in the following areas:
• Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport Baggage Claim Welcome Desks
• Conference Hotel Welcome Desks
• Host Committee Welcome Desk at the Phoenix Convention Center
• Social events such as afternoon and evening receptions
• Off-site field demonstrations
• Conference Tours
• Athletic events
• Opportunity to network with thousands of local government professionals from around the world.
• Eligible to attend conference sessions at no-cost on the day you volunteer, during non-shift times. (ICMA members excluded)
• Learn more about ICMA and public administration
VOLUNTEER for the largest annual event in the world for local government managers and staff!
For more information email email@example.com or contact Cynthia Aguilar, City of Phoenix, 602-495-7195.
Boards and Commissions
Volunteers who serve on Gilbert’s Boards and Commissions play an important role in developing and sustaining our community. Our volunteers dedicate countless hours every year, lending their time and talents to help make Gilbert a better place to live, work and play. Some board and commission members apply professional or technical skills, while others simply bring a passion for Gilbert and a willingness to work as part of a team. Whatever board or commission they serve on, members are making a difference in their community
Parks & Recreation
Opportunities are available for volunteer groups and organizations, such as churches, schools, businesses, families, or individuals. Some of the opportunities that we offer are park projects to include painting, park beautification, trail maintenance, playground cleaning and maintenance, and other tasks. New ideas and suggestions are welcome. Please feel free to contact us to schedule an appointment.
For more information: Gilbert Municipal Court Home
Recycling Education and Outreach Events - Please contact us to hear more about oru volunteer opportunities.
Contact: 480-503-6459 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Community Volunteer Opportunities
Become more involved in your community and your town! There are many ways to volunteer your time or talents to help a local organization. Check the following resources to find a volunteer opportunity in Gilbert!
- Volunteer Match: www.volunteermatch.org
- All For Good: www.allforgood.org
- Do Something: www.dosomething.org
- Habitat for Humanity: www.habitat.org
- Big Brothers Big Sisters: www.bbbs.org
- Mercy Gilbert Hospital: http://www.mercygilbert.org/Volunteer_Information/index.htm
- About Care: www.aboutcare.org
- The United Food Bank: www.unitedfoodbank.org
- Gilbert Boys & Girls Club: http://gilbertbranch.clubzona.org/our-club/partner-with-us-gilbert.aspx
- Valley of the Sun United Way:www.vsuw.org
- Junior Achievement: www.ja.org
- Arizona Cactus Pine Girl Scouts: www.girlscoutsaz.org