The Town of Gilbert has a number of opportunities for volunteer work. Listed below are current opportunities where you can help out and make things happen. Our volunteer motto is GIVE ("Gilbert Invites Volunteerism Everywhere").
Boards and Commissions
Volunteers who serve on Gilbert’s Boards and Commissions play an important role in developing and sustaining our community. Our volunteers dedicate countless hours every year, lending their time and talents to help make Gilbert a better place to live, work and play. Some board and commission members apply professional or technical skills, while others simply bring a passion for Gilbert and a willingness to work as part of a team. Whatever board or commission they serve on, members are making a difference in their community
For more information: Current Boards and Commissions Openings
Parks & Recreation
Opportunities are available for volunteer groups and organizations, such as churches, schools, businesses, families, or individuals. Some of the opportunities that we offer are park projects to include painting, park beautification, trail maintenance, playground cleaning and maintenance, and other tasks. New ideas and suggestions are welcome. Please feel free to contact us to schedule an appointment.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch
- Special Events
- Special Needs
- Youth Sports
- Special Needs
- Park/Trail Clean up
- Court Ordered Community Service
Court Ordered Community Service
Must be 18 years or older to participate.
Court ordered community service is available to individuals on an appointment basis only. Tasks include litter removal, cleaning picnic sites and equipment, painting and other maintenance duties. Physical labor is required. Work is conducted outdoors and under the supervision of Park staff. Scheduling is on-line only and managed by following this link: Town of Gilbert Volunteers, click here.
Eagle Scout Projects
Prospective Eagle Scouts- We encourage you to visit park sites in the community and see what needs improvement. The town does not have a “standing list” of projects. An internet search can also yield many project ideas. When you have decided on a project, submit your ideas to the Town staff listed below that can coordinate your Eagle Scout project.
Fire and Rescue Department
To discover volunteer opportunities with the Fire and Rescue Department click here.
Sign-up on-line: Fire Volunteer Application
Police DepartmentAll Department Volunteer Opportunities
- Citizens On Patrol Volunteer
- Crisis Support Unit
- Crime Prevention/Community Outreach
Sign-up on-line: Police Volunteer Interest Form (please reference Explorers)
Gilbert Police Explorers
75 E Civic Center Dr.
Gilbert, AZ 85296
For more information: Gilbert Police Department - Explorers Program
Youth and Adult Resources
Sign-up on-line: Police Volunteer Interest Form (please reference Youth and Adult Resources)
For more information: Gilbert Police Department - Youth and Adult Resources
Recycling Education and Outreach Events - Please contact us to hear more about our volunteer opportunities.
Contact: 480-503-6459 | email@example.com
Other Community Volunteer Opportunities
Become more involved in your community and your town! There are many ways to volunteer your time or talents to help a local organization. Check the following resources to find a volunteer opportunity in Gilbert!
- For Our City Gilbert: www.forourcity.org/Gilbert.html
- Chamber for Good: www.chamberforgood.com
- Volunteer Match: www.volunteermatch.org
- All For Good: www.allforgood.org
- Do Something: www.dosomething.org
- Habitat for Humanity: www.habitat.org
- Big Brothers Big Sisters: www.bbbs.org
- Mercy Gilbert Hospital: http://www.mercygilbert.org/Volunteer_Information/index.htm
- About Care: www.aboutcare.org
- The United Food Bank: www.unitedfoodbank.org
- Gilbert Boys & Girls Club: http://gilbertbranch.clubzona.org/our-club/partner-with-us-gilbert.aspx
- Valley of the Sun United Way: www.vsuw.org
- Junior Achievement: www.ja.org
- Arizona Cactus Pine Girl Scouts: www.girlscoutsaz.org
- Just Serve: www.justserve.org