Calendar 2014 - 2015
- August 15 - Deadline for Applications
- September 2 - MYAC Board Meeting
- September 6 - Team Building
- September 16 - Regular Meeting
- October 14 - Regular Meeting
- October 21* - Guest Speaker
- November 4 - Regular Meeting
- November 18 - Guest Speaker
- December 2 - Holiday Party
- December 4 - YOUTH TOWN HALL
- January 6 - Regular Meeting
- January 20 - Regular Meeting
- Febrary 3 - Regular Meeting
- February 17 - Guest Speaker
***STUDENT GOVERNMENT DAYS TBD
- March 3 - Regular Meeting
- March 17 - Regular Meeting
- April 7 - Regular Meeting
- April 21 - MAYOR'S YOUTH LEADERSHIP SUMMIT
- May 5 - Graduation Party
Please note: October 14th meeting is the 2nd Tuesday to accommodate Fall Break.
Mayor's Youth Advisory Committee - Class of 2014-15 Requirements
- To be eligible for MYAC, youth must live in Gilbert or attend a school in Gilbert and be in 9th-12th grade (14-18 years old).
- Each member must make a minimum nine month commitment to the program (September to May). We encourage participation until graduation.
- MYAC meets on the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Attendance is taken and required. Please see the 2014-2015 calendar for exact dates and times. If you have multiple unexcused absences and/or do not actively participate in the program, you may be removed from the Mayor's Youth Advisory Committee.
- Each member must attend at least one council meeting during the school year.
- MYAC is committed to community service. Each student must complete at least 20 hours of community service per school year. If you do not complete your community service, you will not be eligible to graduate and you may not invited back the next year. Opportunities for community service will also be made available
- Members are expected to participate in Youth Town Hall, Student Government Days and Youth Leadership Summit.
- The committee may also be asked to assist the Mayor with various assignments. You may be asked to attend meetings or participate in a focus group on various topics. Participation in these events are voluntary.
Please contact Jennifer Hood at Jennifer.Hood@gilbertaz.gov or 480-635-7709 with any questions.
Complete the Application and Requirements Statement, save the documents to your computer and email the completed copies to Jennifer Hood.
Watch for additional information as the dates get closer.