Calendar 2013 - 2014
When: 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the Month 6:00 - 7:00pm
Where: 75 E Civic Center Drive (Police Department)
Training Room #2 or Public Safety Amphitheater
• August 30 - Deadline for Applications
• September 3 - MYAC Board Meeting
• September 9 - Notification of Acceptance into MYAC
• September 17 - First MYAC Meeting - Team Building
• October 1 - Regular Meeting
• October 22 Guest Speaker
• November 5 - Regular Meeting
• November 19 - Guest Speaker
• December 3 - Holiday Party
• December 5 - YOUTH TOWN HALL
• December 17 - Town Council Presentation
• January 7 - Regular Meeting
• January 21 - Guest Speaker
• February 4 - Regular Meeting
• February 18 - Guest Speaker
• March 4 - Regular Meeting
• March 18 - Guest Speaker
• April 1 - Regular Meeting
• April 2 - STUDENT GOVERNMENT DAYS
• April 15 - Project Wrap Up
• April 16 - MAYOR'S YOUTH LEADERSHIP SUMMIT
• May 6 - Graduation Party
• May 8 - Town Council Presentation
*October 22nd Meeting is the 4th Tuesday to accommodate Fall Break
Mayor's Youth Advisory Committee - Class of 2014 Requirements
1. To be eligible for MYAC, youth must live in Gilbert or attend a school in Gilbert and be in 9th-12th grade (14-18 years old).
2. Each member must make a minimum nine month commitment to the program (September to May). We encourage participation until graduation.
3. MYAC meets on the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Attendance is taken and required. Please see the 2013-2014 calendar for exact dates and times. If you have multiple unexcused absences and/or do not actively participate in the program, you may be removed from the Mayor's Youth Advisory Committee.
4. Each member must attend at least one council meeting during the school year.
5. MYAC is committed to community service. Each student must complete at least 20 hours of community service per school year. If you do not complete your community service, you will not be eligible to graduate and you may not invited back the next year. Opportunities for community service will also be made available.
6. Members are expected to participate in Youth Town Hall on December 5, 2013. Any exceptions must be approved by Jennifer Hood, MYAC Advisor.
7. Members are expected to participate in Student Government Days on April 2-3, 2014. Any exceptions must be approved by Jennifer Hood, MYAC Advisor.
8. Members are expected to participate in the Mayor's Youth Leadership Summit on April 16, 2014. Any exceptions must be approved by Jennifer Hood, MYAC Advisor.
9. The committee may also be asked to assist the Mayor with various assignments. You may be asked to attend meetings or participate in a focus group on various topics. Participation in these events are voluntary.
Please contact Jennifer Hood at Jennifer.Hood@gilbertaz.gov or 480-635-7709 with any questions.
• Mayor's Youth Advisory Committee Requirements Statement
• Application Packet
Complete the Application and Requirements Statement, save the documents to your computer and email the completed copies to Jennifer Hood.
Youth Town Hall and Student Government Days
• Youth Town Hall will be held December 5, 2013.
• Student Government Days will be held April 2-3, 2014.
Watch for additional information as the dates get closer!
50 E Civic Center Dr
Gilbert, AZ 85296