Are you a high school student living in Gilbert? Students in grades 9th-12th (ages 14-18) are invited to participate in the Mayor's Youth Advisory Committee (MYAC). We need your voice to be heard in the community and YOU are part of what makes Gilbert great!
MYAC meetings are held on the 1st Tuesday of each month at Gilbert Town Hall (50 E. Civic Center Dr.) in Room 300 from 5:00-6:30 p.m.
The meetings will focus on enhancing your leadership skills, knowledge of local government as well as addressing the assigned task for the year. We ask that each student make a commitment to attend and participate.
- August 31 - Deadline for Applications
- *** MYAC Team Building Day TBD
- October 20 - Regular Meeting**
- November 3 - Regular Meeting
- December 1 - Holiday Party
- ***YOUTH TOWN HALL TBD
- January 5 - Regular Meeting
- February 2 - Regular Meeting
- ***STUDENT GOVERNMENT DAY TBD
- March 1 - Regular Meeting
- April 5 - Regular Meeting
- ***MAYOR'S YOUTH LEADERSHIP SUMMIT TBD
- May 3 - Graduation Party
**Note this meeting is the 3rd Tuesday of October to accommodate Fall Break.
MYAC Class of 2015-16 Requirements
- To be eligible for MYAC, youth must live in Gilbert or attend a school in Gilbert and be in 9th-12th grade (14-18 years old).
- Each member must make a minimum nine month commitment to the program (September to May). We encourage participation each school year until graduation.
- MYAC meets on the first Tuesday of each month. Attendance is taken and required. Please see the 2015-2016 calendar for exact dates and times. If you have multiple unexcused absences and/or do not actively participate in the program, you may be removed from the Mayor’s Youth Advisory Committee.
- Each member must attend at least one council meeting during the school year.
- MYAC is committed to community service. Each student must complete at least 10 hours of community service per school year. If you do not complete your community service, you will not be eligible to graduate and may not be invited back the next year. Opportunities for community service will also be made available.
- Members are expected to participate in Youth Town Hall, Student Government Days and Youth Leadership Summit.
- The Committee may also be asked to assist the Mayor with various assignments. You may be asked to attend meetings or participate in a focus group on various topics. Participation in these events are voluntary.
Please sign and submit the Mayor's Youth Advisory Committee Requirements Statement with your application.
Questions? Please contact:
Special Assistant to the Mayor