Environmental Services Home Page
The Town of Gilbert picks up residential contained refuse (solid waste) twice a week, once for black cans or general refuse and once for blue cans, or recyclable refuse. Regular pick-up days are Monday through Friday. Residential customers are billed $16.00 a month for 90 gallon containers or $14.80 a month for 65 gallon containers. Each additional 90 gallon container is $8.80. Holidays DO NOT affect refuse collection schedules. In addition, residents can make a single trip to the landfill used by the Town each month. Click on the link below for details and map to the location.
Collection Schedule Maps are available on-line for information on collection zones. Both Black and Blue/Recycle can and Bulk Trash schedules are provided. For information on pick-up schedules for specific neighborhoods, call 480-503-6400.
- Place your container in the curb line or in the driveway, NOT on the sidewalk, with wheels and handles facing the house.
- Containers must be placed 6 feet away from vehicles mailboxes and other objects.
- Your cooperation in complying with this notice will help keep the sidewalk clear for pedestrians.
Inspectors routinely check both the blue recycle and black solid waste refuse cans for compliance. If your can was not serviced due to an inspection notice or violation, please call 480-503-6400 to speak to a customer service representative. As a reminder, driver routes are sometimes modified which can result in changes to pick up times from month to month. Do not submit a request for missed pick up service unless it is after 5pm on your normal service day. Please note that in order to prevent duplicate requests in our system, you will be required to include your utility billing account number in order to complete your on-line request for service. Requests for missed pick up service take one business day to process. You may also call 480-503-6400 (Monday through Thursday, 7:00 am-6:00 pm) and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you.
Residents can order an additional black container for their refuse needs. The cost per month, that will be billed to their Town Of Gilbert utility bill, is $8.80. To order an extra black container you may fill out the on-line request for additional black refuse container. You may also call 480-503-6400 (Monday through Thursday, 7:00 am-6:00 pm) and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you.
The Town of Gilbert offers the rental of commercial solid waste roll off containers. If you are an existing customer, you may schedule additional or missed service pick up of your roll off container. You will need to identify the size of your roll container in order to submit a request for service. Once you have verified your size roll off, please fill out the on-line request for Roll Off Service. You may also call 480-503-6400 (Monday through Thursday, 7:00 am-6:00 pm) and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you.
The Town of Gilbert collects and recycles large home appliances such as washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, air conditioner, water heaters and other metal items (i.e. swing sets and some fencing). Please view the Schedules and Route Maps to verify the week of your regular bulk pick up.
- We do not accept car parts.
- Appliances will be picked up on Thursday, during the week of your regularly scheduled bulk pick up.
- Request must be made no later than Wednesday 12 noon of your regularly scheduled bulk pick up week.
- Items are to be placed in your front yard or driveway the night before your scheduled Thursday pick up
- All doors to any appliance shall be removed for safety concerns.
To schedule and appliance pick up you may call 480-503-6400 (Monday through Thursday, 7:00 am-6:00 pm) and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you.
* Inspectors routinely check both the blue recycle and black solid waste refuse containers for compliance.