The Gilbert Police Department provides the opportunity for citizens to
volunteer in a variety of areas within the police department. The mission
of the Gilbert Police Department Volunteers In Police Service is to support
members in providing police service and to promote community partnership.
qualifications required to become a volunteer in the Police Department
· Must be 21 years of age for Citizens on Patrol and Crisis Support Team.
· Furnish a copy of your high school diploma or G.E.D., and birth certificate.
· Have a valid driver's license or other ID.
· Successfully pass an extensive interview, background investigation, polygraph examination and drug- screen
· Complete orientation training before being accepted into the
If you would like to meet the challenge and make the difference as a
Gilbert Police Department volunteer please contact Sherry
Nielsen at (480) 635-7711.
Volunteer applications are always accepted, however we are seeking Volunteer applicants for the Crisis Support Team and the Citizens on Patrol programs only.
We are not accepting applications from individuals currently seeking employment with a law enforcement agency, or individuals that will be seeking employment with a law enforcement agency within the next year.