Personal Safety Tips
Take an active role in your own safety
Always be Aware
• Remain alert at all times - pay attention to your surroundings
• Be aware of your surroundings and the people around you
• Don't be afraid to get other's attention and help
• Take steps to distance yourself from the situation before an attack begins.
Have a Plan
• Visualize what you would do if confronted (Run away and yell)
• Carry a cell phone and have it ready to use
• Let it go if your bag is snatched
• Have a companion - there is safety in numbers
• Trust your instincts - if you feel uncomfortable in any situation, leave
• Carry a whistle - don't be afraid to offend someone by using it
Call the Police
• Call the Police first.
• Report ANY suspicious behavior.
Call 480-WITNESS OR 480-TESTIGO
Visit the Silent Witness website
Crime Stop 602-262-6151