General Plan Home Page
- General Plan 2012 - in English
- General Plan 2011 - in English | Plan General 2011 - en español
- Planning & Development Services Home Page
The Town of Gilbert General Plan 2011 was approved by the Town Council on November 18, 2010 and the Gilbert voters on May 17, 2011.
The Planning Services Division is located on the second floor of the Community Development Building at:
90 E Civic Center Dr
Gilbert, Arizona 85296
General Plan CD's are available for purchase at the Community Development
Applications for major amendments shall be filed no later than May 31st of each calendar year in order to be considered in that year. State law requires that major amendments to the General Plan be presented and considered by the Town Council at a single public hearing during the calendar year in which the proposed amendment is requested. Minor General Plan amendments may be considered by the Town Council at any time during the year.
Major amendments are defined as follows:
• Any Land Use Map residential density classification increase of 160 acres or more.
• Any change from a residential Land Use Map classification to a non-residential classification of 40 acres or more.
• Any change of non-residential Land Use Map classification of 40 acres or more.
Minor amendments are all changes not defined as major amendments above, and include:
• Any change mandated by initiatives or state law.
Golf Course, Parks/Retention, Public Facilities/Institutional Land Use Classification
• Any change to or from Golf Course, Parks/Retention and Public Facility/Institutional Land Use Map classifications.