The Development Engineer for the Town reports directly to the Town Engineer and is in charge of coordinating the engineering aspects of new development. The Development Engineer acts as the Engineering representative for all cases as they go through the development review process, including Pre-Application Meetings, General Plan Amendments, Zoning, Design Review, Use Permits, Preliminary Plats, and Annexations.
Engineering review is performed during these development processes to verify that Codes, Ordinances, and good engineering practices are being followed in relation to vital public services. These public services include drainage, water, sewer, transportation, and other utilities. In addition, the Development Engineer is responsible for securing adequate property dedications (rights-of-way and easements) in order to support these vital services.
As a supplement to these primary functions, the Development Engineer is in charge of the following:
- Town Design Standards, Specifications, and Details
- Water and Sewer “Will Serve” Letters
- Sewer Determination Letters (required for septic system permits)
- Water and Sewer Buy-In Determinations
- Reimbursement Determinations
- Commercial Development Fee Requests (engineering portion)
We work hard to make sure that your projects go smoothly, quickly, and efficiently. However, we also hold the public trust that your projects are of high quality and minimum disruption. We have designed this site with your convenience and accessibility in mind. If you have comments or questions feel free to call or e-mail us.
This site contains links to important information that will make your projects go quicker and smoother. We are hoping that in the future you will be able to download the standard Town details (in DWG), access the current Land Development Guide (searchable and indexable), download benchmark information, and have access to other documents and services so that you have the most up-to-date, hot-off-the-presses information and requirements that we have. Hopefully, this will save you time wasted in resubmittals, calls and trips to the Municipal Center, and an improved product the first time around.
In addition, we realize that not all contractors will have this information available and we appreciate your help in getting them here to our web site. Everything here is public information and you are welcome to print things out or download them and give them to your owners, employees, and contractors.
- Public Works and Engineering Standards and Details
- As-built/Benchmark/Flood Zone/Records
- Development Services Fee Schedule
- Permits and Applications
- Pre-Application Meetings, General Plan Amendments, Zoning Design Review, Use Permits, Preliminary Plats & Annexations
- Standard Comments for Pre-application
- Standard Commercial and Industrial Site Plan Notes
- Standard Plans Transfer Policy
- Standard Residential Plan Conditions
- Unified Land Development Code (Old code that was effective PRIOR to March 3, 2005)
- Zoning and Land Development Code Update (Effective March 3, 2005)
- Zoning Map