- Public Works
- Solid Waste Requests
- (480) 503-6400
Have your Bulk Trash out the weekend immediately before your collection week.
Questions? Call the Town of Gilbert's Environmental Services/Bulk Trash division at (480) 503-6400.
These items include man made materials that are bulky or cumbersome such as:
- Microwave Ovens
- Other household items that cannot be placed in the black container
General Guidelines (both bulky household items and green waste)
- A maximum of 10 cubic yards (roll-off containers) of non-compacted bulky household items and green waste (roughly 5' wide by 10' long by 5' high, or approximately one 3/4 ton pick-up truck full) will be collected without additional charge each month per household.
- Bulk Trash should be placed on the owner's property near the sidewalk (or curb if no sidewalk exists).
- Stacked trash should not be placed on sidewalks, curbing or roadway in any manner that will interfere with or be hazardous to pedestrians or vehicles.
- All items should be placed away from electrical boxes, cable boxes, mail boxes, light poles, water meters and existing landscape.
- Bulk Trash should be placed out for pick-up no earlier than the weekend immediately before your scheduled collection week.
The following items will not be accepted for collection - Disposable or unwanted material resulting from construction, repair or demolition of the premises such as roofing materials, drywall, large auto parts, tires, rims, oil, rocks, dirt and concrete materials.
Hazardous waste such as paint, gasoline or cleaners and electronic wastes such as Televisions should be disposed of at the Household Hazardous Waste Facility Access the Household Hazardous Waste webpage for more information.
Ammunition and Explosive Materials may be disposed of with the Gilbert Police Department. For more information call (480) 635-6500.
Green waste is organic yard waste, including:
- Bagged grass clippings
- Bagged leaves
- Tree branches and cuttings
- Grass clippings, leaves and other small items should be bagged and should not exceed 50 pounds per bag.
- Tree limbs and cuttings should not be greater than 5 feet in length and should be bundled and tied with twine or string so one person can handle them.
- Logs and tree trunks not more than 12 inches in diameter are acceptable.
- Century plants, all cacti and similar plants that are hazardous to collection employees should be contained in boxes and not exceed 60 pounds per box.
- Larger piles (more than 10 cubic yards) of Bulk Trash will be serviced as a special collection at a rate of $132 per hour, computed to the nearest quarter hour with a $33.00 minimum charge and may also be subject to tonnage charges of $25.00 p/ hour. Please call 480-503-6400 to have an inspector come to your home and evaluate the load.
Appliance Recycling Program (White Goods)
The Town collects and recycles large home appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, water heaters and air conditioners weekly on Thursdays. Residents must call Customer Service at (480) 503-6400 and arrange for pick-up before 12:00 noon on Wednesday during the week of your Bulk Trash pick up for a Thursday pick-up. White goods placed out for special pick up that have not been confirmed with Customer Service will not be picked up. Refrigeration units need to be emptied and placed on the curb the night before.
For safety reasons, please remove doors, latches, and locks from large appliances including refrigerators, freezers or freezer chests, ovens, or any other appliance that may pose a hazard to children.
Special Pick Ups
Residents must call Customer Service at (480) 503-6400 and arrange for a special pick-up. Special pick ups must be scheduled and confirmed BEFORE they are set out for service. Items placed out for pick up that have not been confirmed with Customer Service will not be picked up.
If you receive an inspection notice all items must be removed so they are not visible from the street.
The Solid Waste Department has 10-, 20- and 40-cubic yard roll-off containers available for home remodeling, roofing, landscape trimmings and other large-scale projects. 10 cubic yard containers are 15 feet long, 8 feet wide and 3-1/2 high. The 20- and 40 cubic yards are 22 feet long and 8 feet wide, 20 yard is 4-feet high and the 40yd is 8-feet high. Roll-off boxes can generally be set within 24 to 48 hours of your call-in request-also subject to availability.
Please contact us at (480) 503-6400 for current rates and additional information on how the Environmental Services Department can meet your residential disposal needs.
- Roll-offs are all priced the same.
- $158.00 transportation fee plus $29.00 per ton landfill fee for every service.
- Containers must be serviced within 30 days.
- $158.00 fee will be assessed if not serviced within 30 days.
- Concrete only – call for rates.
- No roll-off service on weekends or holidays.
- Charges will appear on your utility bill.
- For additional questions or to set up serviced, call 480-503-6400