HOA Landscape Irrigation Assistance program
Common area landscape water costs are a large component of HOA budgets. Your community may realize a significant cost savings by participating in the Landscape Irrigation Assistance program, which has already saved HOAs in Gilbert approximately 66 million gallons of water.
The Water Conservation office offers assistance to homeowners associations within Gilbert to determine the amount of water that should be applied to common area landscape, based on the water needs of the landscape plants in your HOA community. This customized water budget tool compares, on a monthly basis, your landscape's water requirements with its actual use.
This tool allows HOA board members, property management companies, and landscape contractors to communicate more effectively and share a common goal. A Water Conservation Specialist assigned to your HOA sends monthly water budget updates to your HOA representative and answers any landscape and irrigation related questions that may arise. Interested? Contact Jeff Lee, Water Conservation Specialist, at (480) 503-6878.
Representatives from the Water Conservation office can speak at homeowner association meetings or to groups of residents. They can provide guidelines on ways to save money on water costs and streamline your landscape maintenance budget.
Contact the Gilbert Water Conservation office at (480) 503-6098 to talk to a Water Conservation Specialist.Important Links
- Landscape Maintenance Considerations for HOAs - from the University of Arizona Cooperative Extension
- Selecting, Planting, and Maintaining Trees - from the University of Arizona Cooperative Extension
- When and How to Prune Trees - from the University of Arizona Cooperative Extension
- When and How to Prune Shrubs - from the University of Arizona Cooperative Extension
- How To Hire a Landscape Contractor
- Know Your Pro - a list of titles commonly found in the landscape industry, what they mean and what certifications are associated with the title.
- Search for a Certified Arborist online at the International Society of Arboriculture